News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

RSS Injector available

Started by confusion, December 24, 2005, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confusion

Here's my Christmas present to the SMF community. http://www.stelesys.com/content/view/21/34/
This script will take an RSS feed and inject it into an SMF board as posts.
It's still somewhat crude, but it works.  Please let me know of any problems that you're having.  You can see it in action at http://www.cyvin.org under the "News" boards.

Cheers,

Jerry

Ben_S

Moved this here, will get more attention than in the "Declined or Applied Requests" board
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

dtm.exe

Nice.  What versions of SMF does it work with?

confusion

I've tried it with 1.1rc2.  I can't say if it works on earlier versions.  If it doesn't, it should be a quick fix to get it to work.

Jerry

JayBachatero

A quick questions.  How did you manage to get a hold of 1.1 RC2?

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

confusion

Simple.  I took the 1.1RC1 and added 1.  Actually, I was lazy and looked at what this forum was running, since I assumed it was the latest, as mine is.  Anyway, ass/u/me, you get the point :)
I take it that 1.1RC2 is a closely guarded RC?

JayBachatero

Well there are a many changes in RC2.  I'm just making sure og the version you had ;)

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Remaker

Is this working for rc2 because it's a nice tool to use. :) ?
Remaker - My blog - Actualitate.net

TLM

Well, I dloaded the code you linked to some time ago, noted it used some file I did not have so I deleted it with out thinking.  Later I figured it might be PEAR-XML, just went back to dload it again so I may tweak it to my use and cant find the link to the code again.  The one on the page seems to be broken in a way, for it goes on talking about your host, not the code.  Oh well guess I will have to build this idea by hand.

confusion

confusion

I'll give it a shot on RC2 tonight, but I would be suprised if it didn't work.

TLM

Quote from: confusion on January 03, 2006, 05:45:26 PM
I'm sorry about that.  I was monkeying with the site an broke the link.  Here is again:
http://www.stelesys.com/content/view/21/34/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=34
That and the link on the site it's self is linked wrong, have to copy the url manual and paste in browser to get the code...

confusion

I'm really batting a thousand today.  Actually, the problem is joomla trying to be a little too helpful.  Anyhow, the link should work now.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Jerry

wizard13335

Ok now that link works... but the one on the website that links to the txt file still doesn't!
Wizard-A world of spells and enchantments awaits you.
Have a cat? Share your pet with the world at Kitten Kare.

TLM

Well I took it upon my self to write my own custom injector, only issue remaining is double posting, once I solve that, I will be letting it run for a day or two to be sure of no issues, then to a live site followed by thoughts of maybe letting it be released to the public.

Vish

Can I get the script? THe link provided is not workin !!

Aquilo

GC

Think you guys could whipe up something for birthdays and events and special occasions and new members. So that they each get a new post?

Vish

Pardon my noobie type questions, but I am not able to get this to run...I get following. I understand that I need to have that rss.php, but where to get it from?

Warning: main(XML/RSS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vpahuja/public_html/smfrssinjector.php on line 12

Warning: main(XML/RSS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vpahuja/public_html/smfrssinjector.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'XML/RSS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vpahuja/public_html/smfrssinjector.php on line 12

TLM

Advertisement: