RSS Injector available

Started by confusion, December 24, 2005, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ketchup

Quote from: Xarcell on November 01, 2006, 04:14:50 PM
There is no need to make it a mod really. It's very simple.

Ok since everyone has go this down...uhm would it be too much to ask for a step by step? Without broken links?   :P

ketchup

:-\

ok

1. I downloading the magpie file - then uploaded those files to my forum directory into a folder called MagpieRSS

2. ? I see his 2 links but how do I download those?
http://www.mindlesstux.com/rss_injector.phps
http://www.mindlesstux.com/rss_injector.sql

thnaks for the help  :D

ketchup

Ok so I make a table right

am I doing this right?

thansk frot the help!

TLM

In phpMyAdmin, you should be able to go to SQL and uplaod the sql file and it takes care of that for you.

ketchup

I get this when I tryi to import the rssinjector.sql text file ( I saved that link up top as a sql file right)

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Table structure for table `smf_rssfeeds`
--
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_rssfeeds` (
`ID` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`MEMBER_ID` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`BOARD_ID` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`RSS_FEED` text NOT NULL ,
`LAST_UPDATE` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( `ID` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =2 DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT =2;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2' at line 8

Xarcell

YOu need to drop the table smf_rssfeed. Then try to import the sql file again.

ketchup

Ok I looked over my tables 5 times I cannot find any table smf_rssfeed.  I never made one either as the other one wasn't saved (my pic up top).  ::) >:(

Xarcell

I wrote some instructions on how to add the rss_injector, and how to tweak it with Tiny Portal.

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=10239.0

ketchup

Hey that was awemsome write up made it sound much more clear!

But i got this again...I looked still don't have any rss tables to drop though  :o

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Table structure for table `smf_rssfeeds`
--
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_rssfeeds` (
`ID` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`MEMBER_ID` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`BOARD_ID` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`RSS_FEED` text NOT NULL ,
`LAST_UPDATE` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( `ID` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =2 DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT =2;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2' at line 8

TLM

Gonna go on a limb, and very tired limb at that, but it might be something with version diff of MySQL?

You could try to create the table by hand if you like, but i have to much on my plate right now to help with that.

* TLM goes back to working on papers for class

ketchup

ok I tried it on anoter server space and it went through no errors... :D\

BUT... when I ran injector with yahoo rss news feed

I got

Warning: main(MagpieRSS/rss_fetch.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tgnabe2z/public_html/smf/rss_injector.php on line 11

Warning: main(MagpieRSS/rss_fetch.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tgnabe2z/public_html/smf/rss_injector.php on line 11

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'MagpieRSS/rss_fetch.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tgnabe2z/public_html/smf/rss_injector.php on line 11

ketchup

hi everyone...I was so close any ideas what I need to do  :)

forumposters

Is there anyone here who would install this for a small Paypal payment?

Xarcell

@ Ketchup

Give me the URL of the site you are trying to run it on.

@forumposters

I can try...

ketchup

Quote from: Xarcell on November 02, 2006, 04:05:18 PM
@ Ketchup

Give me the URL of the site you are trying to run it on.

@forumposters

I can try...

Hi i guess it doesn't matter as the mysql version must not be up to date  on the board I want it ???

On my control panel it says:
PHP version     4.4.2
MySQL version    4.0.27-standard

Is there anyway i can manually add the table? If so can someone help me with the feilds in the pic i posted above

Thanks!

tonilah

Here are some reasons why i'd like to see this as an official smf mod

1st, i don't like the idea of playing around in phpmyadmin anytime i want to add an rss link, i'm just so afraid of messing around with the tables unless it's absolutely necessary.
2nd, i'd like to eventually allow moderators or special board members to add rss links if they want....maybe even have regular members submit or suggest an rss link for mods/admins to consider....
3rd, it would be nice to configure the posts that the 'bot' makes...ie, colors, fonts, signature etc.
4th, as a mod, it will be up for constant updates and revisions in the future by other coders.

I think that this idea has great potential and would greatly benefit the smf community. 

I like the simlar mod that vbulletin has...

if somebody could look at that....

L.G.S

You don't need to touch phpmyadmin if you use the file based RSS script a few pages back. All you do is modify the file with your username and link etc and you open it and it's done.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

tonilah

can you please direct me to that page?   ;D

i got the hack to work nicely ;)  but it would stil be nice to see this as a mod, as is, this is a very very very cool feature.....

Also,

**UPDATE**
??? I'm trying to set the cron job to have the rss_injector.php run automatically like posted earlier
but, i get the following message emailed back to me:

/home/*****/******/rss_injector.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/home/*****/******/rss_injector.php: line 3: //: is a directory
/home/*****/******/rss_injector.php: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `dirname'
/home/*****/******/rss_injector.php: line 4: `@include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');'

what does that mean?  When I run the script manually, it's fine....i only get this message for cron jobs....  is the script still working?

** I figured this out, never mind..... but so that others can learn from my mistake... i set the cron job as 
Quote0 */4 * * *  /XXXXX.com/rss_injector.php
where it should have been 
Quote0 */4 * * *  php /XXXXX.com/rss_injector.php

duh,  :P

efootball

hxxp:smfff.co.uk [nonactive]

hxxp:www.englishfootball.me.uk/football [nonactive]hxxp:smfff.co.uk [nonactive]

hxxp:www.englishfootball.me.uk/football [nonactive]

hxxp:www.gamemilitary.com/ [nonactive]

hxxp:gamemilitary.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0 [nonactive]

Advertisement: