Joomla-SMF intigration question.

Started by tw0sh0t, December 24, 2005, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw0sh0t

I've searched the forums and haven't found anything that appears to help.

I am using a BRAND NEW fresh install of Joomla 1.0.4
I am using a BRAND NEW fresh install of SMF 1.1 RC1
I am attempting to use Joomla-SMF Integration version 1.0.2a

I have followed the instructions as best as I can.  However in the Joomla-SMF Forum Configuration administration component, there is a blank spot in the "FORUM URL" area.  It tells me that I need to create a menu item.  ????? This is VERY vague or maybe I'm dumb.  What exactly do I need to do here?  I have created a Link under Main Menu to the forum and it works, but this area in the Administration component remains blank and when you hold the curser over the icon to the right it tells me this needs to be filled in.

SMF Absolute Path:       Is set correctly
SMF Database Prefix:    Is Set Correctly
Integration Mode:    Unwrapped (I don't want my forum wrapped within Joomla) 
Hide emails in SMF profile on sync:    Yes  (not sure, but I have this set to Yes)
Always redirect to forum on login:    No (Don't want people logging into the main site and being wisked away to the forum.)
Registration module to use:     CB (Using Community Builder Enhanced CBE-Beta1-1/2 sv0.62 )

INSTALLATION CHECKLIST:
installed    Install SMF Forum on the same database as Joomla. (Good to go)
done [un-patch]    Patch mambo index.php file.  (I guess this is right?)
done [un-patch]    Patch SMF index.php and Sources/Subs-Post.php file. (Note: Unpatch before upgrading SMF or installing mod.)  (I guess this is done right?)
done [verify]    Synchronize Joomla and SMF users (optional).  (This is right?)

There aren't really any decent instructions, the instructions appear to be written for people who REALLY know what they're doing so I'm struggling here.

I log into my main site.  I select my forums link, the forums come up, no problem.  But I'm not signed in.  So I created a test account, registered on the main site, then loged in, went to the forums, and it doesn't log me into the forums.  Isn't this what this component is supposed to do?

Incase anyone asks, yes my SMF database is inside my main Joomla database.

When I installed SMF, I created the administrator account with the username I use on my main site.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Orstio

You will find better support for the Joomlahacks bridge at joomlahacks.com.

tw0sh0t

Yeah, I posted on their forums also, but no one has replied yet.  I'll give it a few days.

R00K

You should try the other bridge supported by these forums...I find it an easier and more organized install and obviousl better support.

Advertisement: