SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 2 is available!

Started by Grudge, December 29, 2005, 04:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Calendar.php was updated in the archives already. Don't worry about it.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Compuart

Quote from: roxpace on May 10, 2006, 07:09:14 PM
I cant agree with you on that list, not wow for AJAX and even more Javascript garbage, it would be wonderful if the default SMF could be completely without Javascript to be most compatible and fast. Javascript is often disabled on company networks, and there is often troubles with it for people who doesnt know how to use their settings. Also Javascript mostly only creates longer download times, a page without graphics shall never be bigger than 30 Kb. AJAX itself offers nice features, but it's more hype than realistic worth so much attention due to Javascript role in the company spheres.
All JavaScript/AJAX features in SMF are either redundant (ie there's an easy other way to do it) or also implemented for browsers with javascript disabled. Besides, most of the AJAX features in SMF actually improve load times and reduce bandwidth because a page refresh is no longer needed.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

riz-no-b

Is it possible to regulate the posts using this forum software. So if someone signs in and posts an item can that item go through an approval process before it is posted on the live forum/message board?

fastforum

whats the difference between 1.0.7 and 1.1 rc2? thanks

Gobo

hi

my spologies if this isnt the place to say this but i just wanted to say

please please pleaseee include the following in the 1.1 stable release:

- ability to auto-merge double posts
- users online today (with on/off ability)
- custom profile feilds
- a table format for the "pop up smileys" right now as they are they look very untidy!
- a graphical interface for the "karma" as opposed to just having a + and - and some sorta rep power system

Please :D

Dannii

fastforum: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=682

akulion: sorry, but SMF 1.1 has been feature frozen for many many months.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Gobo

oh well im happy with smf so im sure ill be around for 1.2 release too :D

thanks anyways

wfox

I'm waiting the final release, this is gonna be release soon?
sorry for my english.

Trekkie101

The final release is not far off, due to the bug fixing and international support issues we will have a third release candidate but after that the final version of 1.1 shall be out and from RC3 to Final probably wont be aslong as RC2 to RC3 has been.

Skipdawg

Is this RC2 to RC3 a urgent bug fix upgrade or what? I thought they were not going to bother with a RC3?  :o
Skipdawg's Community