News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

DokuWiki and SMF integration

Started by shinji257, December 29, 2005, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinji257

Has anyone done this yet?  Thanks.

Lunatic_10QT

I have tried to do it for several days, without success. Does somebody have already done it ?

ms_ukyankee

I'm watching for this as well, but if not, will have a try at it when I have finished a couple of other projects.
SMF since 2004 <3

Lunatic_10QT

It's ok now,

I failed 'cause Dokuwiki has a little bug (in its development version). In fact it's very easy to integrate Dokuwiki and SMF, very easy to use SMF members and groups (you can read this page)

I'm writting a little (french) tuto about integration between this two scripts, I think you can undersand it.

ms_ukyankee

SMF since 2004 <3

Twin-X

Quote from: Lunatic_10QT on January 11, 2006, 01:52:32 PM
It's ok now,

I failed 'cause Dokuwiki has a little bug (in its development version). In fact it's very easy to integrate Dokuwiki and SMF, very easy to use SMF members and groups (you can read hxxp:wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:oo_auth_mysql?s=mysql+auth [nonactive])

I'm writting a little (french) hxxp:www.simplemachines-fr.org/wiki/doku.php?id=integration:dokuwiki [nonactive] about integration between this two scripts, I think you can undersand it.

Hello Lunatic_10QT,

I really wish for this option but i recieve errors when logging in. I used google translation on your site.

This is the error i recieve:

QuoteWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/midibox/public_html/dokuwiki/inc/auth/mysql.php on line 122

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/midibox/public_html/dokuwiki/inc/auth/mysql.php:122) in /home/midibox/public_html/dokuwiki/inc/auth.php on line 86
No ACL setup yet! Denying access to everyone.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/midibox/public_html/dokuwiki/inc/auth/mysql.php:122) in /home/midibox/public_html/dokuwiki/inc/actions.php on line 91
No ACL setup yet! Denying access to everyone.

Please help me i feel i am getting close.

Twin-X

*bump*

Maybe anyone else is willing to help me?

ms_ukyankee

I'm just starting on this for SMF 1.0.x, where Lunatic's integration is for SMF 1.1RCx. I installed dokuwiki last night, and working out how it's auth system works so I can start trying to integrate this coming week. If I find the solution to your errors along the way, I'll certainly post back. :)
SMF since 2004 <3

Twin-X

Thank you,

Offcourse i do not hope you run into the smae problems as i do.
Best of luck. Can't wait for your findings.

ms_ukyankee

After sorting my parse errors, I was very happy to see errors similar to what you got. ;) I had a hunch it had to do with setting up the ACL list. Though I didn't get the same warnings. Try this:

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:acl

Specifically:
QuoteSimply copy the example file conf/acl.auth.php.dist to conf/acl.auth.php and the login page should work.

I have a working login already!
* leah does a happy dance.
SMF since 2004 <3

Twin-X

congrats  ;)!

Only when i copy the file (rename) then everyone can access the wiki. As it is set on @all 4
And when i log in i still get the same error only the acl is gone now i get
QuoteMySQL: Query was empty
. Wich is odd since the database name and password is ok?

care to write down how you set it up?

ms_ukyankee

My method is different to Lunatic's, I created a new auth file, and called smf_api.php from that to do the work. At first I thought it would not work with both SMF branches, but then I got to thinking it might, provided there was an api for the RC versions. I found the correct version of the api for 1.xRC versions, and downloaded the latest RC version of SMF, and I have it working on either branch now. ;)

Less cut and paste for integration, just drop the files in the right places and edit config files, which is required anyway.

I'll package it up in a zip later this evening with instructions, a sample acl.auth.php file for smf groups and post it. ;)
SMF since 2004 <3

Twin-X

Quote from: leah on January 29, 2006, 01:10:16 PM
My method is different to Lunatic's, I created a new auth file, and called smf_api.php from that to do the work. At first I thought it would not work with both SMF branches, but then I got to thinking it might, provided there was an api for the RC versions. I found the correct version of the api for 1.xRC versions, and downloaded the latest RC version of SMF, and I have it working on either branch now. ;)

Less cut and paste for integration, just drop the files in the right places and edit config files, which is required anyway.

I'll package it up in a zip later this evening with instructions, a sample acl.auth.php file for smf groups and post it. ;)

You are the best!!!

ms_ukyankee

File attached, I hope it makes sense, and works.

Readme.txt:
QuoteSMF Login for Dokuwiki by Leah, v1.0 beta

This will let you use your smf users for activity on Dokuwiki, at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/. This was tested with with Dokuwiki Release 2005-09-22, and SMF 1.0.x and SMF 1.1 RC2.

1. Install dokuwiki and make sure it works properly before making these changes.

2. Put the smf.php file contained in this zip into yourdokuwiki/inc/auth/ directory.

3. Edit the configuration in conf/dokuwiki.php to Use the Access Control List and other configuration options to be similar to this, and adding the line for the path to smf:

$conf['useacl']      = 1;                //Use Access Control Lists to restrict access?
$conf['openregister']= 0;                //Should users to be allowed to register?
$conf['autopasswd']  = 0;                //autogenerate passwords and email them to user
$conf['authtype']    = 'smf';          //which authentication backend should be used
$conf['passcrypt']   = 'smf';           //Used crypt method (smd5,md5,sha1,ssha,crypt,mysql,my411)
$conf['defaultgroup']= 'user';           //Default groups new Users are added to
$conf['superuser']   = '@1';    //The admin can be user or @group

$conf['pathtosmf'] ='/home/user/public/pathtosmf'; //path to your smf api without trailing slash, /home/user/public/pathtosmf

4. Make sure you have uploaded the correct smf_api.php to your forum root, the path to the api file above.

There are two versions of smf_api.php:

If you are using SMF 1.0.x, you will need the one from this download page:
   http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php?converters

If you are using SMF 1.1x, you will need the one from this thread:
   http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=47251.0

5. Make sure you have uploaded your dokuwiki Access Control List, conf/acl.auth.php. A sample to work with smf group numbers is included in this zip. For more about the wiki ACL, see http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:acl

6. Vist your wiki and try to edit or login.

The superuser admin group or user will have an Admin button at the bottom of each page when logging in, here you can set special permissions by wiki page, and have an option to register members, but it is currently disabled.

SMF since 2004 <3

Twin-X

Leah you are the best!!!!!!!

It works like a charm. My community gives you a big thanks!!! (approx 3000 users)  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for your work,
Jeffry

ms_ukyankee

No problem, I was doing it anyway, just glad it's working. :)

ps. Don't forget to add the rest of your post count membergroups to the ACL list or some won't be able to edit/create.
SMF since 2004 <3

stratege

Did any one have any luck with integration for SMF 1.1 RC2 and DokuWiki(Release 2006-03-09)?
I done all what in that topic but all what I got in the end was «Bad user authentication configuration. Please inform your Wiki Admin.» :(

quake101

Quote from: stratege on May 18, 2006, 04:09:18 AM
Did any one have any luck with integration for SMF 1.1 RC2 and DokuWiki(Release 2006-03-09)?
I done all what in that topic but all what I got in the end was «Bad user authentication configuration. Please inform your Wiki Admin.» :(

I'm having the same problem, but I'm using smf 1.0x

ms_ukyankee

The latest release of Dokuwiki required an update to the auth module. Up to date versions are available here:

http://www.web-threads.com/downloads/dokuwiki-smf.php
SMF since 2004 <3

quake101

Quote from: leah on May 19, 2006, 11:08:48 AM
The latest release of Dokuwiki required an update to the auth module. Up to date versions are available here:

http://www.web-threads.com/downloads/dokuwiki-smf.php

Thank you, That fixed it and it's working great. :)

Advertisement: