News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

A few questions...

Started by dg, February 22, 2004, 12:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dg

Hello, and hopefully I'm posting these in the right place...I had a few quetions that I hope you can help me with...

Firstly, I would like to know if it's possible to change this:
"# Posts to become "Junior Member" 
# Posts to become "Full Member" 
# Posts to become "Senior Member" 
# Posts to become "Hero Member" "
...To read something else...IE instead of Junior Member, maybe it can say "Minor Contributor", etc...

Secondly, when I make entry into the calendar, it allows me link it to a post in the forum.  The problem is, I can't find a way to re-edit that Calendar entry (for misspellings, moving it, deleting it).

I think I'll stop there.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Chilly

[Unknown]

SMF doesn't have those, the groups are completely customizable.  But, the names were changable in YaBB SE.

You can click on the red * to edit a calendar entry.

YaBB SE support questions would be better made at yabbse.org.

-[Unknown]

Rebelbelle

Quote from: dg on February 22, 2004, 12:01:15 PM
Hello, and hopefully I'm posting these in the right place...I had a few quetions that I hope you can help me with...

Firstly, I would like to know if it's possible to change this:
"# Posts to become "Junior Member" 
# Posts to become "Full Member" 
# Posts to become "Senior Member" 
# Posts to become "Hero Member" "
...To read something else...IE instead of Junior Member, maybe it can say "Minor Contributor", etc...

Secondly, when I make entry into the calendar, it allows me link it to a post in the forum.  The problem is, I can't find a way to re-edit that Calendar entry (for misspellings, moving it, deleting it).

I think I'll stop there.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Chilly

I can help you with the posts but not the calendar.  If you want to change Junior member to Minor Contributor, you need to go to the "edit groups and permissions".  From there, there are two ways to change the name, you can either click on "advanced" and change it from there or you can click on "Junior Member" and change it there, along with the number of posts needed to get to that level and the number of stars that appear.  If I haven't explained this correctly, please let me know and I will explain it in more detail.  It's tax time and my brain is fried.  Also I have not yet upgraded to Beta 4 yet, this worked for me in beta 3.1415

Kim

[Unknown]

Well, the reason I didn't explain it like that was that dg quoted some settings from YaBB SE that are not in SMF.... so I figure he/she is using YaBB SE still, at least for the forum in question.

-[Unknown]

dg

Thanks to [Unknown] and Rebelbelle for your assistance.

I was able to click on the red star, no problem there.  **Now I am wondering if there is there a way of re-ordering the appearance of events in the calendar on a specific date?

Rebelbelle, I know exactly what screen you are speaking of, but I am not able to change the names on there.  I cannot click on the "Junior Member" name, and Advanced doesn't allow me to change the names either.

Currently we are running SMF 1.0 Beta 2.5, and soon we will be upgrading to 4.0 - maybe that is an issue because of the earlier version?

Thanks everyone again!

[Unknown]

I would recommend you upgrade to Beta 4... (there is no 4.0.) because the group manager is much closer to done in that version.

As far as resorting events, this is not really possible yet.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: