Error Problem

Started by thetrue, December 29, 2005, 06:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrue

I have install apache succcesfully, thank God. and PHp too. but My sql have problem..

Here is the problem below.
this is the error I get

the security could not be applied to the database because the connection has failed with the following error.
Error Nr. 2003
cant connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

if a personal firewall is running on your machine, please make sure you have opened the TCP port 3306 for connections. Otherwise no client application can connect to the server. After you have opened the port please (retry) to apply security settings.

If you are re-installing after you just unistalled the MYSQL server please note that the data directory was not removed automatically. Therefore theold password from your last installation is still needned to connect to the server. In this case please select skip now and re-run the Configuration Wizard from the start menu.

if I skip the error I get  this error..   what I have done wrong

the security setting cound not be appied
Error Number 2003
cant connect to MYSQL server on 'localhost'(10061)

what I have done wrong. can some help

thetrue

when I test the sql I get this page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mysqltest.php on line 2

kegobeer

Did you enable MySQL support in php.ini?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

thetrue

Quote from: kegobeer on December 29, 2005, 11:20:49 PM
Did you enable MySQL support in php.ini?

How do I enable support in MySQL

I know I made a file in notepad. Help How do I do that

kegobeer

You need to read up on how to install, administer and run a webserver.  There are plenty of resources available on the web, and [Unknown] posted a WAMP install guide that will also help.  Please, please, please don't make it a public webserver, just keep it as a personal test site.  Without knowledge and experience you really have no idea on how to secure your webserver from hostile attacks.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

thetrue

Quote from: kegobeer on December 30, 2005, 07:39:19 AM
You need to read up on how to install, administer and run a webserver.  There are plenty of resources available on the web, and [Unknown] posted a WAMP install guide that will also help.  Please, please, please don't make it a public webserver, just keep it as a personal test site.  Without knowledge and experience you really have no idea on how to secure your webserver from hostile attacks.

what do I change in this code to test the sql

<?phpmysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'your password here') or die(mysql_error());mysql_select_db('test') or die(mysql_error());echo 'If you don\'t see any error messages, everything should be fine!';?>

thetrue

<?phpmysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'your password here') or die(mysql_error());mysql_select_db('test') or die(mysql_error());echo 'If you don\'t see any error messages, everything should be fine!';?>

kegobeer

You don't change anything - until you enable MySQL in PHP, none of the MySQL functions will work.  You must learn how to properly install Apache/PHP/MySQL and get it working.  Like I said, there are many, many good tutorials on the web.

thetrue

I have install all apache, php and sql. When I test the sql i get an erroe message, but when i run it from the start> program> mysql. I find out all is ok.  to upload the smf with my ftp I get a busy sign why

kegobeer

You didn't install PHP with MySQL support!!!  I don't know how much more obvious I can make this.  I won't say this again: find yourself a good webserver tutorial (like [Unknown]'s) - a good tutorial will explain how to set everything up.

thetrue

thanks kegobeer I did install them properly, I can see my server on the internet When I check from my computer or other people computer.  It as an apache page on it. that I install ok, but I cant get the smf to upload with my ftp. It tell me busy and keeps on connecting for hours.. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

kegobeer

Quote from: thetrue on December 29, 2005, 06:46:13 PM
when I test the sql I get this page

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mysqltest.php on line 2

If you get this error message, you did not enable MySQL support in PHP.  That means you haven't properly configured your server.

Quote from: thetrue on January 01, 2006, 08:56:00 AM
...but I cant get the smf to upload with my ftp. It tell me busy and keeps on connecting for hours.. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

If this is on your local machine, why are you trying to FTP your files?  Why not just copy the files to the correct directory?

As it seems you haven't taken the time to do any research to learn how to setup a server, I am out of this thread.  Good luck.  Perhaps someone else will decide to spoon feed you.

thetrue

Hello, when I test my sql, with the code below please do I have to change my password in the code. Iget a error is below

<?php
mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'your password here') or

die(mysql_error());mysql_select_db('test') or die(mysql_error());echo 'If you don\'t see

any error messages, everything should be fine!';?>

Error

Grudge

You have not enabled the MySQL extension in PHP. You need to uncomment the relevant line in php.ini. This really isn't the right board for setting up a server, I believe there is guides to this in Scripting Help.
I'm only a half geek really...

thetrue

Quote from: Grudge on January 02, 2006, 03:14:37 PM
You have not enabled the MySQL extension in PHP. You need to uncomment the relevant line in php.ini. This really isn't the right board for setting up a server, I believe there is guides to this in Scripting Help.

how do i do that.

Grudge

This is really something you need to read a tutorial for. You basically search for mysql and uncomment the semi-colon at the front. You do however need to have put the correct libraries in place or apache will fail to restart. I *really* recommend you google for a tutorial on this, it's not as easy as you hope ;)
I'm only a half geek really...

thetrue

I have installed Smf , when I click

www.yourdomain.tfl/smf/install.php

I get a black page. do I need to change the word "yourdomain" to my real domain name, if i do that I get could not find.

EG

of course you have to change it to the domain that you own

or the url of the site you loaded all the files up to

thetrue

thanks,

now how do I grant permission or change chmod to 777 . I can only find properties. Do I change the folder to share fold or do I change the name of the file to 777 , eample     chmod 777 heading.txt

EG

WOAH! really you should know some of this, shouldnt you ?

CHMod is changing the file permissions

you ChMod the files.

Mostly you should be able to do this in your CPanel

Advertisement: