Error Problem

Started by thetrue, December 29, 2005, 06:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kegobeer

You don't know how to CHMOD Windows directories?  Perhaps you should try start -> Help and Support -> CHMOD.

If you can't find it, you should find a proper webhost, since you still haven't bothered to read anything about setting up a webserver.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

thetrue

it is till not working after I have change the permission to share folder.

I just change the name by including chmod 777 infront of the file name and it shared the folder. . I read somewhere. I change the persission, from control panel, it does not work.

thetrue

I am so disappointed with this software, it is not easy to install. Please help , I have been on it for 3 month now... just cant overcome my problems. Please.

kegobeer

Just like you were told before, we won't set up your webserver for you.  No matter how much you refuse to do anything for yourself.  We won't do it for you.  You were told this in October on the eBlah forums; I hope you didn't think we would just do everything for you.

I don't agree with your "not easy to install" statement.  Literally thousands of non-tech people managed to install SMF in a matter of minutes.  It is amazingly easy to install and run.  Your problems, as people tell you over and over, is that you don't know how to manage a webserver.  You talk about a control panel, but you are using Windows.  There is no CHMOD in Windows.  You have not taken even one minute to try to learn how to use Apache, PHP, and MySQL in a Windows environment.  You refuse to do anything except beg for someone do it everything for you.  That is unacceptable behavior. 

"I am so disappointed with this software" is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard since I've been using SMF.  So is "I have been on it for 3 month now".  You registered on December 20, 2005.  If you have actually been having problems for 3 months, you would've registered in October 2005.

Review your poor attitude.  This kind of behavior will end up getting you banned, a punishment you are, unfortunately, experienced with.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

Sys_ZERO

If you don't know how to setup and manage a server properly then get a webhost. Most webhosts which have cPanel will have Fanatastico, where it's only 3 clicks away from installing SMF.

If you don't know how to properly manage a server then take the interigity to learn. If you "dont want anyone else" to host for you then TOUGH!

There are *many* free SMF hosts that wont cost you a penny. And as you say if you're "so disappointed with this software, it is not easy to install" then go with a free SMF host and the software is installed for you. Here is a free SMF host: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=46107.0.

Mini

thetrue

Quote from: kegobeer on January 04, 2006, 08:46:10 PM
Just like you were told before, we won't set up your webserver for you.  No matter how much you refuse to do anything for yourself.  We won't do it for you.  You were told this in October on the eBlah forums; I hope you didn't think we would just do everything for you.

I don't agree with your "not easy to install" statement.  Literally thousands of non-tech people managed to install SMF in a matter of minutes.  It is amazingly easy to install and run.  Your problems, as people tell you over and over, is that you don't know how to manage a webserver.  You talk about a control panel, but you are using Windows.  There is no CHMOD in Windows.  You have not taken even one minute to try to learn how to use Apache, PHP, and MySQL in a Windows environment.  You refuse to do anything except beg for someone do it everything for you.  That is unacceptable behavior. 

"I am so disappointed with this software" is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard since I've been using SMF.  So is "I have been on it for 3 month now".  You registered on December 20, 2005.  If you have actually been having problems for 3 months, you would've registered in October 2005.

Review your poor attitude.  This kind of behavior will end up getting you banned, a punishment you are, unfortunately, experienced with.

thanks Kegobeer, really i register  under a different name before changing my name. that was around sept.  Now you are talking. so there is no chmod in windows . if so kegobeer, is there a way, a could give you permission remotely for you to help me set up on my system, i know that may be possible. like take control of my system.  I use XP , so i do not need to chnage CHmod. but the proble is with the sql, i have read the help of sql, and perform all process but the  still get the same result. can you send a private message  to me, with your phone number.

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: thetrue on January 05, 2006, 06:43:44 AM
thanks Kegobeer, really i register  under a different name before changing my name. that was around sept.
Talks more crap.

QuoteNow you are talking. so there is no chmod in windows.
CHMOD is the linux file attributes. There are attributes for Windows aswell but for XP you need to enable them, for Server Editions, it's already done.

if so kegobeer, is there a way, a could give you permission remotely for you to help me set up on my system, i know that may be possible. like take control of my system.
It's called VNC or RDP and getting you to set that up would potientally be a struggle and we are not here to baby-feed you so you can just follow the documentations and tutorials which are published on the internet; you use Google to find them.

I use XP , so i do not need to chnage CHmod. but the proble is with the sql, i have read the help of sql, and perform all process but the  still get the same result.
First off, XP isn't good for running webservers and as I said above, if it's XP, you need to change the file attributes. About the MySQL, I personally think you haven't read the documentation or you haven't read it properly. MANY people have got Apache/PHP/MySQL to work successfully. If you have really got Apache and PHP to work properly then post us a link to your phpinfo file, it'd be interesting to see that you've actually set your server up. What is phpinfo.php?

You do not speak clearly and I suggest that you get an external webhost.

Mini

Fizzy

Quote from: Mini on January 05, 2006, 07:08:31 AM
You do not speak clearly and I suggest that you get an external webhost.

Mini

I'm afraid you are wasting your breath Mini.

People have been saying that to him for months over on E-Blah.

I agree totally with Keg on this one. Thetrue, this is NOT a server support site - this is a forum support site. If you have a server in full working condition and need help with your SMF Installation then you are in the right place.

Fizz

P.S. - Don't ask me about server configs just because "Now I am talking".
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Sys_ZERO

It'd be interesting to see if he can provide a link to a phpinfo.php file on his webserver that he setup because I'd doubt that he even setup a webserver in the first place.

And this guy thinks he has a job that involves managing servers.

Mini

kegobeer

Quote from: thetrue
can you send a private message  to me, with your phone number.

Are you kidding me?  Yeah, as soon as hell freezes over.

TheMaTrIx

Quote from: Mini on January 05, 2006, 08:49:09 AM
It'd be interesting to see if he can provide a link to a phpinfo.php file on his webserver that he setup because I'd doubt that he even setup a webserver in the first place.

And this guy thinks he has a job that involves managing servers.

Mini

I was chuckling each and every time I read one of his threads too, especialy the live and death one :p

Not to redicule the guy, but to be honnest, if he is supposed to manage webservers, install forums and stuff like that and if he can't setup a simple webserver, php and MySQL, then his bosses should fire him and they should get fired for hiring him in the first place.

Of all the help already given to him, he remembered and used zilch/nada while he keeps trying to get someone else to setup his server for him.

I've been admining hosting servers, both linux and windows, for nearly a decade now.

At first I did it as a favor to my own host who lost his admin (guy died at age 42 :@)
Then after a while the bussines expanded and I've been doing it ever since, for free, in my spare time.

The training I have for this? None. I learned as I went.
The quality and SL, better then 99.99999 of the hosts out there.
The amount of unlawfull intrusions? Nada, zilch, nothing, NULL, zero, rien, gein, geen and void.
The amount spent on admining the servers? At first, a day a week, now 2 to 3 hours per week mainly checking if everything went as scheduled and scripted.

But, if I hadn't tried everything by myself first, done everything to learn how to do things right, read more information and guides and faqs then they could store in the US national library and redid every task till I got sick of doing it but perfectly right, I wouldn't be able to do this either.

Sys_ZERO

Who would want to give their phone number to someone over the net! Especially to someone who'd probably call you everynight because of server problems.

thetrue, stop irrating this community for help when we don't want to give it to you - We are not your mother or father.  Either learn to do this yourself or take a deep breath and do it anyway, but none of us are going to hold your hand through every little thing.

Mini

thetrue

Quote from: Mini on January 05, 2006, 09:22:16 AM

Who would want to give their phone number to someone over the net! Especially to someone who'd probably call you everynight because of server problems.

thetrue, stop irrating this community for help when we don't want to give it to you - We are not your mother or father.  Either learn to do this yourself or take a deep breath and do it anyway, but none of us are going to hold your hand through every little thing.

Mini

Well, Mr mini, I have seen all your note, but I would more overlook it.

If any can help ,  I am interested in people  who are positive and never give up. Mr Mini, if you would commit suicide because I want to set up my own system.. please do what please you. I would not give up.. because of all you said. I would never give up, until I have setup my own SMF. that is final so anyone that can help, I am hear all listen. Someone that want the blessing of God. someone who want his children to be great, and want God to bless him more that he blessed Jabez, please help.  can a God fearing man help me.

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: thetrue on January 05, 2006, 08:25:36 PM

Well, Mr mini, I have seen all your note, but I would more overlook it.
The reason why you would "overlook" it is.....?

If any can help ,  I am interested in people  who are positive and never give up.
Umm.. Who has been telling you to read documentations and tutorials and to use Google to find them? We are not here to hold your little hand through everything that you may encounter. Most of us who have a webserver setup read documentations and tutorials, and it has resulted in a properly setup webserver. If YOU are really "positive and never give up" then why do you want other people to spoon-feed you, just follow the tutorials on the internet!

Mr Mini, if you would commit suicide because I want to set up my own system.. please do what please you. I would not give up.. because of all you said. I would never give up, until I have setup my own SMF.that is final so anyone that can help, I am hear all listen.
Firstly, I wouldn't suicide because I want to setup my own system - If that's what you mean, you don't speak clearly. You said in earlier posts that you have successfully setup Apache and PHP. I really don't believe that you did, so would you post a link to your phpinfo.php file? If you don't, then I'll just assume that you haven't even set that up and you want someone to do that for you.

Someone that want the blessing of God. someone who want his children to be great, and want God to bless him more that he blessed Jabez, please help.  can a God fearing man help me.
Oh, he acts like the religious guy who probably just wants people to fall for this and to kiss his little butt.

Mini

Sys_ZERO

He actually may be listening to us ::) or not?

Quotethetrue     08:52:05 PM     Viewing the topic Installation Guide.

Mini

kegobeer

@thetrue: Don't send me private messages when I don't request it.

thetrue

Quote from: kegobeer on January 05, 2006, 10:25:04 PM
@thetrue: Don't send me private messages when I don't request it.

Dont worry, I think I can trust you. Did you go thru the PHP information i sent you, did you see and error on my system. everything looks fine. I have read all information about sql. it works well in installation. The only problem I have is in the testing of the SQL . It test me, a line 2 error .

Aplace the smf files in C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs

Am I correct to do that.   I have change all the permission  to full . still I have problem.  I even change the SQL from 5.0 version to 4.1, I still have the same problem and error note.  help me. You know more that me. I just have to get this. I have to transfer about close to 30,000 to smf, because the other forum, does not allow wap.

kegobeer

Dont worry, I think I can trust you.

Why do you think this is about you?  I don't care if you think you can trust me; I didn't ask you to send me any information privately.

I told you earlier in this thread I was done trying to help you.  Had you followed any of my posts, you would have solved your problem by now.  You refuse to listen to any advice given.  I see why you were banned at the eBlah forums.  They are tired of your attitude as well.

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: thetrue on January 06, 2006, 12:08:00 AM
Dont worry, I think I can trust you. Did you go thru the PHP information i sent you, did you see and error on my system. everything looks fine.
You know, it would be more benificial if you post your phpinfo.php public, then maybe more people can help you, rather than just 1 person. Dilemma, huh? Also, I believe that kegobeer does not wish to be PMed by you and he probably wont help you.

I have read all information about sql. it works well in installation. The only problem I have is in the testing of the SQL . It test me, a line 2 error .
How many times do we have to tell you, YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED AND CONFIGURED MYSQL WITH PHP YET! Here is a very good tutorial for you to follow http://www.webmasterstop.com/48.html you will only need to install Apache, PHP and MySQL (not Zend Optimizer and phpMyAdmin). Also don't say crap like "it doesn't work" because it does.

Aplace the smf files in C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs
You need to setup VHosts for your website, that is the easiest way. You obviously haven't read the Apache documentation. As said in previous posts, this is NOT A SUPPORT BOARD FOR SERVER SUPPORT. SMF will only provide support for the forum only, meaning you *have* to have a fully  working version of SMF install on a server which is in working condition.

QuoteYou know more that me. I just have to get this.
Yes, we know how to setup a server properly but why should we help you? You are not polite and you are often rude.

I have to transfer about close to 30,000 to smf, because the other forum, does not allow wap.
I'll be looking towards you requesting support on doing this... (not).

Mini

redone

@Mini please do not make assertions on behalf of the SMF team of staff. I don't think anyone appreciates a he/said she/said type of conversation.

Your comments are neither constructive nor helpful.

Advertisement: