News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error Problem

Started by thetrue, December 29, 2005, 06:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sys_ZERO

Please accept my apologies for that and it has been removed.

Thanks,
Mini

redone

Apology accepted and thank you for your understanding in this matter.

:)

thetrue

My apache works well, my php workd well now. my sql is fine, I am trying to install my smf, please How do i turn on the acceptpathinfo and give me an example of how a session.save_path directive should look like.   session.save_path = "N;/path"  . give me an example.

also i need an example of upload_tmp_dir

- Apache with AcceptPathInfo set to On (Apache 2 and later only.) for queryless URLs.

- the session.save_path directive must be set to a valid directory.

- the upload_tmp_dir must be set to a valid directory.

thetrue

can someone help. look above

Fizzy

Please do not Bump your own threads!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

thetrue

Quote from: Fizzy on January 09, 2006, 01:20:15 PM
Please do not Bump your own threads!
why, I need solution now. I have had it on for about 24 hour, it would go to the 2nd page and I would not get answer from your people.

Fizzy

Why? Because everybody else is patient, everybody else accepts the fact that the Support Team is voluntary is done in our own spare time, everybody else waits their turn, everybody else is asking for support installing / upgrading / using SMF.
As I recall you have not even installed SMF !

All we have heard from you is "I want, I need, right now, straight away, do this for me, tell me what to do"
Well I'm sorry to be blunt but I serve the SMF community not a wannabe server host who can't take the time to study tutorials on sites specifically designed for that purpose.

Thread moved out of "SMF Support" and in to Performance and Server Configuration
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

thetrue

[sorry you are wrong, I already install a server, if you check all system go, I have already install the Smf .. so move me back to SMF, this is not a server problem.. my apache works well. my php works , and my sql test was ok. my problem is with SMF, which i install. Please move me back to installation. takes you for your server to SMF. we are all glad for your good works. keep it up.

JayBachatero

Ok what problems are you experiencing at the moment with SMF.  Please be as specific as possible.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

thetrue

Quote from: JayBachatero on January 09, 2006, 05:26:57 PM
Ok what problems are you experiencing at the moment with SMF.  Please be as specific as possible.

-JayBachatero

thank you , I have made all modification to the smf, but i am hosting on my own server ,  so how do I install with using FTP, I have already install but it did not work, so i would delete. Help give me, a step by step how to install on windows system without ftp.

JayBachatero

Since it's on your own server just download the package again and overwrite the files.  For Settings.php enter your old information for the database username and password.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Oldiesmann

Quote from: thetrue on January 09, 2006, 06:41:35 PM
Quote from: JayBachatero on January 09, 2006, 05:26:57 PM

-JayBachatero

thank you , I have made all modification to the smf, but i am hosting on my own server ,  so how do I install with using FTP, I have already install but it did not work, so i would delete. Help give me, a step by step how to install on windows system without ftp.

There are lots of great tutorials on the internet regarding configuring PHP, MySQL and Apache on Windows. I suggest reading the sections on installing Apache, PHP and MySQL at http://www.apacheguide.org. You should then find that it's quite easy to install SMF on Windows.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

thetrue

thank you , I have done that  but I still get this error see this link for the error, what should I do.

http://www.thetrue2006.cjb.net/install.php

Advertisement: