Upgrade.php not showing after I uploaded new SMF files through FTP

Started by drummerkid418, December 30, 2005, 01:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerkid418

Hi all, I've just finished step 1 in upgrading from 1.1 Beta Public 3 to 1.1 RC1 by transfering everything to my FTP folder.  Now, I'm going to hxxp:www.mydomain.net/forum/upgrade.php [nonactive] and I'm seeing "No input file specified."  I've upgraded once or twice before and I've never seen this error before.  Any solutions?  Thanks.

redone

Please check everything uploaded correctly. Go ahead and re-upload the upgrade package.

drummerkid418

Well, you're right.  Upgrade.php didn't make it so I loaded that on and then it said there was something wrong with the language files being out of date.  I tried to reupload those files and got myself into a mess with two or three of each folder, attachments, packages, smilies, etc, being in the FTP.  Then went to delete everything so I could just upload my backup and now my FTP client tells me that I don't have permission to delete anything.  Off to have a chat with GoDaddy.

redone

You may receive a message regarding out of date language files which is fine assuming you are installing this just for use in English. If you review the files it tells you are out of date you will notice that these files refer to other languages.

drummerkid418

Okay, I'm trying again.  I'm now at the same point I was at last night - I go to hxxp:mysite.com/upgrade.php [nonactive] and it tells me the language fiels are out of date.  Yes, this is only for English so based on what you said, that's fine.  But the only option I'm given is to "click here to try again," so I can't move on.

Here is what the upgrade utility says:

SMF Upgrade Utility
The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again.

How do I get past this?  Thanks!

Grudge

All your files haven't been succesfully uploaded I'm afraid, your ftp client is obviously doing something funny. Ensure you have the setting "force overwrite" enabled.
I'm only a half geek really...

Advertisement: