News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with wrapped SMF and SEF enabled in Joomla

Started by MikeTheDon, December 30, 2005, 06:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeTheDon

I have Joomla 1.0.5 and SMF 1.1RC1 installed on a virtual box (that's why I cannot provide a link to it, sorry). For integration, I use the latest bridge 3.19 from Ostio. I enabled SEF in both Joomla and SMF which is causing me some problems now:

• There is a problem with Personal Messages, I found the solution here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=25017.msg198362#msg198362
  • The "go down" and "go up" links don't work. I tried to apply the same solution as for the Personal Messages problem, but all I get is a parse error. As I'm not a programmer, I couldn't figure out what the problem is.
  • In Forum Maintenance, expanding "All Boards" doesn't work (it has the same behaviour as the previous two problems). I could fix this using the solution from the Personal Messages problem.
I wonder if I'll come across more of these problems... This brings me to my question: how far will the integration support for Joomla go? Will this kind of problems be fixed in the default template?

Hopefully you'll be able to help me with the "go down" / "go up" links problem. That's the code I inserted:
'<a href="',basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']),'?',$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'],'#bot">'
The original code is:
'<a href="#bot">'

Thanks for your help.
Mike

Orstio

These are all already fixed for the next version of the bridge.

MikeTheDon

Quote from: Orstio on December 30, 2005, 07:01:47 PM
These are all already fixed for the next version of the bridge.

That's some great news to hear  :)  As I'll have to wait for next release, can you provide me with a piece of code for the "go down" / "go up" problem?

Thanks,
Mike

MikeTheDon

I found a solution for my problem: I created two new functions where I put my code in. But I don't understand why it works this way, but not when the code is included in the code above in MessageIndex.template.php...

function theme_show_go_down()
{
echo '<a href="',basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']),'?',$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'],'#bot">';
}

function theme_show_go_up()
{
echo '<a href="',basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']),'?',$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'],'#top">';
}

Mike

Advertisement: