Previous topic - Next topic

pcigre

I have instaled RC1 with this mods:

1.     VisualWarning      1.27 
2.    Googlebot & Spiders Mod    1.0.4
3.    MySQL 5.0.12 Compatibility Update    1.0
4.    All Topics Unsubscriber    1.1

and I modified a SMF Default Theme css.

What is a upgrade procedure that I should do? Does I need to use smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade.tar.gz or smf_1-1-rc2_update.tar.gz and does I first need to uninstall mods that I have?

Grudge

Personally, I would uninstall the mods first, just because.

If you've modified the default theme css then put them somewhere safe, and then when you've upgraded to RC2 overwrite the style.css found in the Themes/babylon directory with your changes.

Then, you can use either upgrade or update (Update is smaller so maybe that one). Just upload all the files, then execute upgrade.php. The instructions for the actual upgrade are linked to in the new post.
I'm only a half geek really...

GC

I just updated my forums with about 24 mods installed. In the end, only 5 worked. Not including mine. But the board works find now. But you need to try and install all the mods u had. If it says an error occured, then do NOT install it. Go back and deleat it. And in the end, your forum shoud be almost modless. You must wait until the mods are updated for RC2, or you install them manually. But i recremend that you wait for the mod creators to update the mod if it has an error installing.  Follow Grudge's instructions if you aren't so good with php.

redone

Whilst there is every reason to update to the latest release as the site owner you need to look closely before you update.

Mostly for the reasons the last poster mentioned regarding mods that may have not been updated etc. Before you update set up a demo install in another folder and try the mod's out.

Make sure your comfortable with the mod's and how everything performs before you simply hit the upgrade path. Truth be told in most cases adding these mod's is often a case of doing so by hand and is fairly simple and straightforward.

For those who use the package manager though and who are not familiar with php coding such a challenge can be a daunting task! So, in short upgrade but make sure the forum works as you wish "before" you upgrade.

Gobo

ok my SMF is bridged with mkportal

but none of the mentioned features for the upgrade work for me

no ajax
no double click editing of titles
no search in thread

nothing at all!

only thing that seems to have changed is the version at the bottom
Powered by SMF 1.1 RC2 | SMF © 2001-2005, Lewis Media

am I missing something here?

additionally the upgrade went fine with all the mods in place (i didint uninstall) do u think thats why none of the new features work ?

any help will be appretiated

JayBachatero

You need to make the changes to other themes.  They only work with the themes that were included in the upgrade.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Gobo

holy mamamia!! the default theme it looks so good :D

but still the ajax and none of the featurs work plus now the board got squished up and is no longer 100% screen width

strange

i suspect its because of mkportal maybe that the features wont work!

JayBachatero

Try accessing the forum separate and see if it works w/o MKPortal.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

Gobo

its not the mkportal

i discovered the error

its with myeyes v1.1 rc1 

I upgraded myeyes to v1.1rc2

and now i can SEE the Ajax lol

sorry i was just not looking close enough hehe

how can i make forum 100% screen width ?

metacortex

Quote from: akulion on December 31, 2005, 08:09:06 PMand now i can SEE the Ajax lol
Yes, but not by doubleclicking, just a single button.  :-\

JayBachatero

The double clicking is in the message index.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

Gobo

just 1 Question...

what will I have to modify to get the forum to span 100% screen width ?

Because right now it dosent span the whole screen - only about 90% of it

Grudge

If it's the new theme, I expect it will either be in style.css (Under body), or otherwise it will be index.template.php. I suggest taking any theme questions to the template board.

pcigre

@Grudge: it seams that new theme is much different so this will wait until I finish bridging... Thanks

@redone: I have copy of whole site on localserver, so I test first in local. Upgrade was fine, and it seams that everything was great. I first uninstaled all my mods.

But now I don't have Apply Mod for all mods... Does it mean that I can't even try to install them or there is something wrong?

VisualWarning      1.27      [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
Googlebot & Spiders Mod    1.0.4    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
MySQL 5.0.12 Compatibility Update    1.0    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
All Topics Unsubscriber    1.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Grudge

That means the mods without apply aren't designed for RC2. The MySQL one you no longer need. For the other two I suggest posting in the relevant topic on the mods board.

Advertisement: