Joomla Menu & Access Levels?

Started by NoRad, January 03, 2006, 11:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoRad

I had my menus setup so that only registered could access usermenu and othermenu, but now it seems like everybody can see them whether they are logged in or not. Is this a bug with the bridge perhaps? I have other installs working just fine as standalones.

www.louipimps.com

chadness

Very strange.  I do that without any problems, so it's probably nothing specific to the bridge.  You're using 3.19a beta 3, right?

NoRad

bridge 3.19a
smf 1.1 rc1
joomla 1.0.5

chadness

That's what I thought - nothing unusual there.  But, having deleted the cookie a couple of times, I got the menus to stop showing up for me.  So, it seems like you aren't getting logged out of Joomla for some reason.  Usually it's the other way around.

You could try re-loading the Step 1 SMF mod, then re-upload the modified MOS_SMF.php file.  Also, you could try deleting your Joomla menu item for the forum from the main menu, emptying the trash, and making a new menu item for the forum.

NoRad

Ok. They all sound like valid options. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I'm rested. Off to bed for now. Thanks for the help!

Advertisement: