Database Error: Upgrade from 1.1 to RC 1.2

Started by Tye, December 31, 2005, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye

Hi, I just finished uploading RC2 to a test board, but the following error comes up when I try to access the index, with the exception of the index, every other page works

Unknown column 'lb.ID_MSG' in 'field list'
File: /home/sectum/public_html/starwars/RPG/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 83

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1 RC2, while your database is at version 1.1 RC1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

codenaught

That message usually appears before you run upgrade.php.

Have you run upgrade.php? There are a number of database changes that need to be made.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Tye

It reports there are still some out of date files, though I am certain I upgraded everything, I am uploading the upgrade package again to be sure

Tye

Hi I managed to get everything updated and am trying to run the Upgrade manager, Of course I have updated it before and know how it should happen but for some reason, a php file to download keeps coming up? is this supposed to happen for this version?

Grudge

No, it shouldn't.

Where I visit where I assume your site is, it seems MYSQL is down?
I'm only a half geek really...

Tye

Ah I have the problem resolved! I have it upgraded!

Thanks Grudge

Elegant John

Quote from: Severus Snape on December 31, 2005, 03:57:52 PM
Ah I have the problem resolved! I have it upgraded!

Thanks Grudge

What did you do to resolve the problem? I am getting the same error message. I have done a fresh install and lost my memberlist! I have also run the upgrade script several times with no resolution!

Grudge

Are you sure you are not running an old version of upgrade.php John?

I'm going to bed now, but if you PM me ftp details I'll try fix it in the morning.
I'm only a half geek really...

Elegant John

Thanks Grudge! I am using what came in the packages available on the site. Both the upgrade package and the fresh install package.

Details on the way!

Happy New Years to you!

Tye

Hi, I changed my permissons and then after a while, the normal page came up  :)

Advertisement: