Bridge Mambo,Joomla SMF 1.1 RC2 (aka 3.20)

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2005, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

File is attached to this post.  Unzip it.  Inside, you will find the component to install, and a readme.html.  Please read the readme. ;)

After installing the component, you will notice that it also installed the registration component and the login module, populating them with some default values.  It is best to go into each in your admin panel and configure them the way you want them.  Once configured, you are done.

There is no mod to SMF required for this bridge. :)

This bridge is compatible with SMF 1.1 RC2 (Which is why it says that in the topic title).  It is NOT compatible with any previous version of SMF.  If you do not wish to upgrade to SMF 1.1 RC2, then please use a previous bridge version that is compatible with your version of SMF:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=543

This bridge is released under the terms of the Simple Machines license.  Please do not redistribute.

[Update 1/1/06 -- There were multiple problems with the registration routines.  Files changed are smf.php and smf_registration.php, if you just want to update instead of reinstalling.]

[Update 1/12/06 -- Various small bugs fixed.  Only smf.php was changed, for those updating instead of reinstalling.]

[Update 1/13/06 -- Ther was a typo in the redirect function, which would have affected non-SEF sites.  My apologies.  Fixed now.]

laser

Awesome, I will be building a test site today :)

MikeTheDon

Thanks a lot, integration of SMF works fine with this version of the bridge - I just have to figure out why on my testsite the layout for the module is not showing correctly...

Mike

smacktalk

Quote from: Orstio on December 31, 2005, 03:07:34 PM
File is attached to this post.  Unzip it.  Inside, you will find the component to install, and a readme.html.  Please read the readme. ;)

After installing the component, you will notice that it also installed the registration component and the login module, populating them with some default values.  It is best to go into each in your admin panel and configure them the way you want them.  Once configured, you are done.

There is no mod to SMF required for this bridge. :)

This bridge is released under the terms of the Simple Machines license.  Please do not redistribute.

Is this the same as the one I installed last Tuesday or does this one have updates?

spiros

If one upgrades from SMF 1.1RC1 and Bridge 3.19 to SMF 1.1RC2 and Bridge 3.20 what is the procedure? Is it better to uninstall the Bridge, upgrade SMF and reinstall the new bridge version?

Orstio

QuoteIs it better to uninstall the Bridge, upgrade SMF and reinstall the new bridge version?

That would probably be the best way.  The other way would be to upgrade SMF, and upload the files from the bridge zip to their proper locations, overwriting the old files.

jestyr

issue fixed...pebcak

Orstio

Jestyr:  Did you add the code to your Joomla template?  That is still required for the modules to work.

MikeTheDon:  OIC.  Thanks, I'll work on that.  :)

jestyr

I went back and double checked everything right after I posted the problem.. I'm a moron.. I was missing a > when I pasted the code into my template :/

cylonite

damn... you guys are fast!!!!
thanks a lot!!!

FunCyber.com

Oristo

Small question I've installed joomla & SMF in different databases & now want to bridge that . is that possible with this mod & pasting code u provide in readme.html in joola template

Also ive installed 2 coppermine 1.4 galleries in different databases i can bridge that also(if there is not any problem)

Regards

Rahul
Search Real Fun Here
Best Fun on Cyber JOIN NOW 

[nofollow]

Syrius

nevermind.. it was short tag's is my php settings =/

------------------

i am using joomla 1.1 Alpha and SMF 1.1 RC2. when go to install the bridge component i get the following error:

Installation: successful
'; } ?>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function com_install() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AcE\administrator\components\com_installer\component\component.class.php on line 194

any ideas?

Thanks,

Syrius

Orstio

QuoteSmall question I've installed joomla & SMF in different databases & now want to bridge that . is that possible with this mod & pasting code u provide in readme.html in joola template

Yes, it works with multiple databases.  See the FAQ topic for instructions to set that up.

hd_tt

cool bridge!

joomla 1.05 + smf 1.01 rc2
ps: (RUSSIA)

dan1dyoung

Orstio,

One thing that happens in windows IE is the login module then breaks the site like http://www1.swegon.co.uk, but it looks OK in FF

Thanks

Dan

clarensio

Good day to all and best wishes!! 

Compliments for the new bridge that is fantastic! 

You pardon my English (that I do not speak hihihi).  I write means a translate! 

I signal alone a small bug:

When I ask for the absolute path means the button, this comes restored myself without some "/" (Define here the ABSOLUTE PATH to your SMF installation. HINT: if you unsure click the button * Create path automatically *)

I signal also, in case melted interested, that I provided to create for the bridge the translation in Italian (Italian. php) and if necessary to change the file of installation (smf. xml) for add italian. php, beyond to have translated also and entirely the readme. htm in Italian. 

If fatemi you are interested to know than I will provide to send off yourselves it it and.  . Still compliments!! 

P. S. : personally I provided to install SMF in the same database of Joomla. 

xenovanis

If you are not sure whether your absolute path is correct, you can copy the one you'll find in your forum admin panel -> server settings -> path to smf.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Orstio

QuoteOrstio,

One thing that happens in windows IE is the login module then breaks the site like http://www1.swegon.co.uk, but it looks OK in FF

Thanks

Dan

That's the template.  That template does the same thing in IE if you happen to post images in the content that are larger than ~300 pixels wide.  My suggestion is to try a different template.

dan1dyoung

Thanks Orstio,

I will make my own once everything is setup and tested like the one im working on at web.swegon.co.uk, but i was thinking of others who would not adjust a template, is there a standard template that plays nice with the module, maybe if there is you could mention it in the readme.html with your bridge?

Thanks

Dan

clarensio

Quote from: xenovanis on January 01, 2006, 11:35:24 AM
If you are not sure whether your absolute path is correct, you can copy the one you'll find in your forum admin panel -> server settings -> path to smf.
Thanks of the reply but... I know well my absolute path. :)  I signalled but clicking on the button, for example, rather than c: /programs/xampp/htdocs/Mysite appeared (for that bugs) c: programsxampphtdocsMysite

Advertisement: