News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Joomla Bridge FAQ

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2005, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

Hurja came up with something that may be helpful for those with session issues, including the dreadful
"Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=122317.msg803106#msg803106

Quote from: Hurja on November 08, 2006, 12:39:28 PM
i feel rather happy about my little detective work today as i have solved my dilemma described in the op. only took 2 hours once i started on it :)

my host had register_long_arrays setting Off on their php.ini. after changing that setting to register_long_arrays   On with my own php.ini file i can now report to having a working joomla+orstio bridge+smf forum WRAPPED.

i do hope this change has no ill effects on my host tho... maybe someone with knowledge on this setting might post here for me that it's safe ;)

You can either set this in your .htaccess with the following:

php_flag register_long_arrays on

Or, add this near the top of your Joomla index.php:

@ini_set('register_long_arrays', TRUE);

This seems to be related to a bug in PHP 5:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=36737

Orstio

Visual verification code on registration does not show an image, or says that I typed in the wrong code, when I know I got it right:

This is related to session handlers.  You'll need to turn off database driven sessions in SMF in order to use the visual verification with the bridge.

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: Orstio on January 07, 2007, 12:50:26 PM
This is related to session handlers.  You'll need to turn off database driven sessions in SMF in order to use the visual verification with the bridge.
Or you use the mod: Advance visual verification 1.1

digithead

Quote from: Orstio on November 08, 2006, 06:02:37 PM
Hurja came up with something that may be helpful for those with session issues, including the dreadful

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=122317.msg803106#msg803106

i feel rather happy about my little detective work today as i have solved my dilemma described in the op. only took 2 hours once i started on it :)

my host had register_long_arrays setting Off on their php.ini. after changing that setting to register_long_arrays   On with my own php.ini file i can now report to having a working joomla+orstio bridge+smf forum WRAPPED.

i do hope this change has no ill effects on my host tho... maybe someone with knowledge on this setting might post here for me that it's safe ;)

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=36737 [nofollow]

THAT DID THE TRICK!! I've been looking ALL OVER for a fix for this problem!! I'll now bow and worship at your feet!   ;D
"If it ain't broke, it needs a LOT more work!"

alunsina

Hi! I tried searching for this specific error but I cant seem to find it.

mambo: 4.6
smf: 1.1.2
SMF 1.1 Mambo 4.6 Bridge 1.1 Beta 2

I have just finished installing Mambo. Then I installed SMF. I have installed the SMF 1.1 Mambo 4.6 Bridge 1.1 Beta 2. Now I'm on Components configuring SMF Bridge.

QuoteWarning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/alunsina/public_html/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 150

I'm not sure if this is it, but line 150 seems to be this one:
Quote$smf_groups = mysql_fetch_array($query);

Kindred

you did not configure the bridge with the path to SMF
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alunsina

:D

I thought I did. I clicked on automatic. It turned out that it doesnt work that way. I pasted the full path and voila!

Thanks for the reply tho.

I'm relearning SMF again. I used it about two years ago and a lot has changed!  ;D

Orstio

You need to grant your Mambo database user access to your SMF database.  You need to grant your SMF database user access to your SMF database.

thunderbirdsei

Quote from: Orstio on November 08, 2006, 06:02:37 PM

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=36737

That didn't solved my session issue. I tried both way. I still get "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.".

I have:
- PHP 5
- MySQL 5
- Joomla 1.0.12
- SMF 1.1.2 (Theme: Helios)

What can I do? This issue is really annoying...

UPDATE
-------
I had a default setting in my "php.ini" where "register_long_array" was off. Setting to on seems to solve the problem.

Mork

I am using Joomla 1.0.12 with smf_1-1_joomla_1-0-x_bridge_1-1-7. I have it wrapped and everything works great except I have a slight problem with smf's css file overriding Joomla when a link in the "Login Form" on Joomlas pages eg..  "Show unread post since last visit", "Show new replies to your post", "You have X messages" and "Login".

"Register" and "Forgot your password" links do not have the same problem. I assume this is so due to the bridge having it's own register form and "lost password" should be part of the "register" function.

These same links work perfectly if they are clicked from within the forums and do not override the css.

I do have Use SMF CSS in other pages?: set to no in the bride configuration but it seems to have no effect to these links on my Joomla pages.

I have tried looking into he bridges files but can not find what I need to fix this particular problem.

In the meantime I would like to just disable these links from the Joomla pages if I could because I only allow logged in registered members to have access to the forums anyway and they will be able to use the links from within SMF.

I created an test account so you could see the problem first hand if you need to.
User name = troubleshooter
Password = troubleshooter

Thanks for any help in this matter. :D

Mork

Mork

Well it kinda worked for the css problem but it totally messes up the forum in the wrapper. Changes the internal smf links to Joomla type Itemid,99999999 which is invalid #, and generally looks like POOH.

Good news is that it still works right if I use the wrapper link so I will just try some more to figure out how to remove the links in Joomla although it would be nice to know if you have new PM's and replies.

Oh I just realized that I didn't leave a url to my site to go with the test account above so you could see the problem I am having.
http://www.essencenews.com [nofollow]
UN = troubleshooter
PW = troubleshooter
The link to the forums is "News Discussion" under "User Menu" after you log into Joomla.

Mork

Orstio

The problem with your Itemid is a result of your missing Forum menu item.  There must be a public menu item to the bridge component in your main menu.

Mork

Well I used the wrapper function to add the forums in a wrapper when the original link quit functioning, and the wrapper seemed to work fine until I realized the css problem with the links in Joomla.

Now I have restored the link and it is working but it looks really bad, I loose all the buttons and images that make the default theme in SMF so appealing, plus it would not display the boards.

I have for the time being un-installed the mod you recommended because I would rather have the slight css quirk then have a bad looking forum. I will look into the css and see if I can make them compatible with each other. I planned on matching the colors anyway so it shouldn't be too difficult, just time consuming. That's why I can here to see it there was a simple solution.

I do thank you for your time and I will update you on any solution I find.

Mork

Cypher7

Having the same problem as Mork above... whereby my forum is wrapped in Joomla and the css files conflict when the wrapped page is visited...

Any fix found, or possible for it?

Thanks...

Kindred

you have to merge the two CSS files and remove or merge duplicate entries...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chriss Cohn

My question is, why do you use the wrapper if you can use the bridge with the great TagCleanup-Mod and this nice solution: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=160424.0

Regards, Christian

gwmbox

Quote from: g-c on January 16, 2007, 03:47:10 PM
Quote from: Orstio on January 07, 2007, 12:50:26 PM
Or you use the mod: Advance visual verification 1.1

I am having issues trying to get Captcha working and have tried turning DB Driven sessions off but no luck :(  It says the Advanced Verification mode is only valid with 1.1 and if trying to add with 1.1.2 it says incompatible, is there an updated version available?

Cypher7

Quote from: g-c on May 10, 2007, 08:42:41 AM
My question is, why do you use the wrapper if you can use the bridge with the great TagCleanup-Mod and this nice solution: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=160424.0

Regards, Christian

I like having them wrapped - it looks well. But the problem is the css clashing... and I dont know enough about it to merge them together and combin the necessary bits...

Orstio

You are confused.  Mork was using the Joomla Wrapper Component, not the wrapped function of the Bridge Component.

Advertisement: