Joomla Bridge FAQ

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2005, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypher7

Quote from: Orstio on May 11, 2007, 07:10:38 AM
You are confused.  Mork was using the Joomla Wrapper Component, not the wrapped function of the Bridge Component.

*Cypher7 picks up the pieces of his head after it exploded...

ok, yeah I was confused... but think I get it now :-/

neimles

Quote from: paki on April 14, 2006, 05:55:46 PM
So you bridged SMF and Joomla/Mambo.. and now your front page looks horrible? Here's a fix for it that requires very little knowledge of PHP or CSS :)

1) Go to your Themes folder in your SMF directory via FTP. Find a theme that has the possibility of being used on your forums. So if a user can choose their own theme, you will want to edit every theme in the Themes folder.. but if that is disabled then you just need to go into the default folder (or whichever theme is your default). Download the index.template.php file. Make a backup of this file just in case.

2) Open up this file in a text editor (such as Notepad) or other software (dreamweaver - CODE FORMAT ONLY!!! Do not use if you don't know what I mean!) and look for the the following:

style.css?rc2
print.css?rc2

They should be towards the top of the file.

3) Now, change those from what they are to

style_forum.css?rc2
print_forum.css?rc2

This ensures that the CSS files of Joomla/Mambo and SMF do not conflict.

4) Upload the new index.template.php file and overwrite your old one in that folder.

5) In the same folder, you will find style.css and print.css. Rename these to style_forum.css and print_forum.css

6) Create a "dummy" style.css and print.css. It just has to be empty.. this will reduce the entries in your error log by an ungodly amount :)

7) Repeat for any other themes that are used on your forum.

You may have to erase your cache to get the pages to show up, but this works. I am running it on my website and have had no problems whatsoever :) NOTE: I run an UNWRAPPED forum. If you run wrapped, this probably won't work for you.

Note: I use Joomla 1.0.8, not Mambo.. so it may be slightly different for Mambo users.

Hope this helps!

for all those who want to know: it works also stripped, i´m using smf 1.1.12 and joomla 1.0.12. works in firefox and internet explorer 6 & 7

Advertisement: