Bug in editor (BBC)

Started by Testing123, December 31, 2005, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Testing123

In another section of the board, I had asked if SMF wasn't using a WYSIWYG editor (look here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=61673.msg436181#msg436181.
The answer, as I see now, is no. The formatting is done through Bulletin Board Code (BBC).
While playing with it, I think I've stumbled upon an error. A set font size reverts back to the original size at the introduction of another BBC:

-=-=-=-=-

This text should be 6-point
This text should also be 6-point and centered.
[/size]

-=-=-=-=-

All of the text between the "-=-=-=-=-" should be 6-point (an opening size=6pt at the beginning of the 1st line and a /size as a final line). You can see, the "[/size]" closing command is visible.

I don't think all of the BBC's break the size command:

-=-=-=-=-

This is 6-point
This is 6-point bold
This is 6-point bold & underlined

This is 6-point green

-=-=-=-=-

Maybe it's just the positioning commands:

-=-=-=-=-

This is 6-point
This is 6-point right aligned
[/size]

-=-=-=-=-

This is 6-point
This is 6-point left aligned
[/size]

-=-=-=-=-

Anyway, I hope this helps...

L.G.S

Make sure they are true to their place.

E.G if it's:

[size=10pt*][left*]text[/*left][/*size]

Make sure the font size is first and last ?
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Thantos

To easily produce complaint html code we require that the BBC code follow certain rules.  One of them is that a block level tag can not be inside a none block level tag.  [center] is a block level tag while [size] is not.  Thus you can not have [size][center]Some Text[/center][/size].

Testing123

Quote from: The Outsider on December 31, 2005, 07:29:07 PM
Make sure they are true to their place.

E.G if it's:

[size=10pt*][left*]text[/*left][/*size]

Make sure the font size is first and last ?

Yes, I checked that. All were correct.

JayBachatero

Ok did you read what Mike said?  Block leve tags need to go outside.  Just like you cant put <font size="blah"><center>blah</center></font>  You can't do [size=10pt*][left*]text[/*left][/*size]

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Testing123

Quote from: MikeMill on December 31, 2005, 08:56:46 PM
To easily produce complaint html code we require that the BBC code follow certain rules.  One of them is that a block level tag can not be inside a none block level tag.  [center] is a block level tag while [size] is not.  Thus you can not have [size][center]Some Text[/center][/size].

Hi Mike,
How do we find out what these rules are?

Oh and as I was quoting your message I noticed you have a "[nobbc]" tag! Very interested to find out if these tags (BBC's) are documented somewhere.

Thanks...

Advertisement: