News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

ability to show attached images inline

Started by dcmouser, January 01, 2006, 05:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Oh hold on I will change that right now. I found though that after using your [attachthumb=1] code you have to refresh the page in order to see it.

Bigguy

Changed, you should now be able to see it working.

dcmouser

nice work.
ps.
in your first post where you are listing the instructions, you should put them in a block so that when the script sees the sample [attach=1] it doesnt try to do it and give an error messsage in the post, which is what it's doing now.
proud member of donationcoder.com (forum)

Bigguy

Quakeile

I installed this mod with the Package installer, no problem what so ever.

But how/where do I enable it?

(I'm using RC3 and 1.03.01)

Bigguy

You should probably use the updated version"1.0.4.2". If it can't be downloaded here you can get it at my site:

http://www.smfhelper.com/index.php/topic,223.0.html

dcmouser was nice enough to let us release his new package and it works great.

hohar

did you try using the BBC code to get an attachment inline?

also, see my comments above.  if you are using your own theme, make sure to copy and paste a version of display.template.php containing the inline attachment mod into the folder of the theme you are using.

PuG

Hi, ive got a fresh install of the latest version of SMF RC3, download the package though when I go to install comes up with:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    modification.xml    Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error

This aside it sounds like an excellent mod!

Regards!

QuArK (The Quake Army Knife Level Editor) - http://quark.ironfoot.co.uk

Bigguy

Make sure the Packages folder is chmodded to 777 and there is a temp directory in it that is chmodded the same.

dcmouser

does anyone know what this "Modification parse error" means?

Bigguy

Does the package-info.xml and the modification.xml match as to all there info. I have this mod installed so I don't know why he would be getting a parse error unless his permissons where off somehow I think.

hohar

i have this mod installed on my forum.  i used the package manager to install the most recent RC3 update and had no problems at all.

PuG

Right thanks for the replies! I had to create the temp directory in the Packages folder, seemed to resolve the issue.

Regards,
QuArK (The Quake Army Knife Level Editor) - http://quark.ironfoot.co.uk

Carlos Gandra

Hi,

I've installed it in a custom theme (following instructions from xml file), but I have done a test post and it doesn't works...

I have writte

"[attach=1]

Test"

And upload an attachment. The attach is shown at the end of the post and the code [attach=1] reamains as is :o
Carlos Gandra
Mundo dos Animais

dcmouser

it's probably that you are using a custom theme and the mod is being applied to the default theme?

i don't know what the normal process for this is with smf mods? can someone shed some light on this, and i'll update the readme for the mod.

you could always make the changes manually.

[MaxX]

JayBachatero

dc I think these changes that you made to the template files should be in the Source files instead.  If you need help just send me a PM.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

dcmouser

Hi Jay -

I think your idea that it should be in the source files and not in the templates makes a lot of sense - i just have to think about the best way to do it.. i would very much welcome help moving it if you can think of a good way to do it !

-mouser

JayBachatero

I'll look into it when I get a chance and let you know.

EDIT: DC when you get a chance drop me a message on AIM, MSN or Y!.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

[MaxX]

There is this one issue of using quotes, if you quote a post with [attach=#] then the quoted post is filled with ERROR: Attachment not found type of error.

I know why this happens (as the post which is quoting dosent have the attachment itself), but it can be annoying.. can the mod be made to check if its in a quote and disable error message in that case?

Advertisement: