News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I am stumped RE: Error Message "unread_messages"

Started by NayNay, December 30, 2004, 12:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NayNay

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: unread_messages in /home/xxxxx/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php(1036) : eval()'d code on line 515

This happened once I upgraded the board to 1 final.  It shows up on the top of my mambo template.  It is not life or death, everything seems to be working correctly yet it is an annoying notice.

The code in Load.php starting at line 515 is:
    $gendertxt = $profile['gender'] == 2 ? $txt[239] : ($profile['gender'] == 1 ? $txt[238] : '');
    $profile['signature'] = str_replace(array("\n", "\r"), array('<br />', ''), $profile['signature']);
    $profile['signature'] = doUBBC($profile['signature']);

$profile['is_online'] = (!empty($profile['showOnline']) || allowedTo('moderate_forum')) && $profile['isOnline'] > 0;
    $profile['stars'] = empty($profile['stars']) ? array('', '') : explode('#', $profile['stars']);

if (stristr($profile['avatar'], 'http://') && !empty($modSettings['avatar_check_size']))
    {
        $sizes = url_image_size($profile['avatar']);

// Does your avatar still fit the maximum size?
        if ($modSettings['avatar_action_too_large'] == 'option_refuse' && is_array($sizes) && (($sizes[0] > $modSettings['avatar_max_width_external'] && !empty($modSettings['avatar_max_width_external'])) || ($sizes[1] > $modSettings['avatar_max_height_external'] && !empty($modSettings['avatar_max_height_external']))))
        {
            // Fix it permanently!
            $profile['avatar'] = '';
            updateMemberData($profile['ID_MEMBER'], array('avatar' => '\'\''));
        }
    }

Could anyone help me remove that?

Thanks in advance.

Nay

[Unknown]

While it says Load.php, that's not actually where the error is ocurring.  It's probably in a template file somewhere.

If this happens on every page, it's probably index.template.php.  Does this happen for guests?

-[Unknown]

NayNay

Nope it doesn't, re: the guests and it happens on all of the pages of my mambo template (it happens on all of my mambo templates).

[Unknown]

Wait, does it happen only in Mambo?  What if you access the forum directly?

-[Unknown]

NayNay

Only in mambo, if I access the forum directly there is no warning message. 

I guess I've figured it out that it is being caused by the smf login located on the mambo pages but I just have no clue where to look to fix it. 

[Unknown]

Orstio?  Sorry, this is not my realm of expertise.... I'd guess you've stumbled on a minor bit of incompatibility between 1.0 and RC2...

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: