News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

error upgrade RC1 to RC2

Started by tuga, January 01, 2006, 06:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuga

i try upgrade and do everything good for upload the files etc after i see SMF Upgrade Utility

Updating Your SMF Install!
Thank you for choosing to upgrade to SMF 1.1 RC2. All files appear to be in place, please click continue below.

* Backup tables in your database with the prefix "backup_RC1_".
* Put the forum into maintenance mode during upgrade.
* Output extra debugging information.

i select all press continue and give me this: The page cannot be displayed

i follow all like this:

Once all the files are uploaded, if you are using a *nix server, which is likely the case, you will need to change the permissions [chmod] on a few of the files and directories. The procedure to do this varies between different FTP programs, but generally you right click on the file or directory whose permissions you wish to change and select properties & enter a number in the permissions field. If you are unsure, consult the help file of the ftp program you are using.

The files you need to change the permissions for are Settings.php and Setting_bak.php. The permissions for these two files should be set to 666.

The directories you need to change the permissions for are attachments, Packages and Themes. The permissions for these three directories should be set to 777.

but like i say this i never see:

Convert the existing template and set it as default. This option will take the template from your old board and convert it to an SMF style theme and set it as your default board theme.

what i need do more???

Advertisement: