Help Plase

Started by vemkeit, January 01, 2006, 08:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vemkeit

I was trying to converter my vb3.5 to smf but in to new area on my web sit but I keep getting this error.

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/xfgroups_themovies/forum/vbulletin3_to_smf.php on line 117

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/xfgroups_themovies/forum/vbulletin3_to_smf.php on line 118

The installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.

now I have upgraded the smf (smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade) to the latest one and now I'm lost can anyone help please.

xenovanis

I'm not sure I understand. To what version of SMF are you trying to convert and where did you download the converter?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

vemkeit

Ok I downloaded smf_1-1-rc2_install from here along with smf_1-1-rc2_upgrade and uploaded them to a new website on my server then I downloaded convert.php & vbulletin3_to_smf.txt from here as well. What I am trying to do is convert my exisiting vbulletin with all members and content to the smf because I like the smf a lot more, the problem is that error i mentioned in my previous post. So if you can explain to me what I have to do for this to work I would be very greatful.

xenovanis

Could be a problem with the converter not updated to work with RC2 yet, as it was only released yesterday. You might want to try to install 1.1 RC1 instead and see if that works. Or 1.0.5 and use the converter on the download page. From either version you can upgrade to RC2 after conversion.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

vemkeit

ok thanks i'll try that, and thank again.

vemkeit

Quote from: xenovanis on January 01, 2006, 09:29:33 PM
Could be a problem with the converter not updated to work with RC2 yet, as it was only released yesterday. You might want to try to install 1.1 RC1 instead and see if that works. Or 1.0.5 and use the converter on the download page. From either version you can upgrade to RC2 after conversion.

Ok I did what you said and now its saying

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: No Database Selected

I don't get it can you help please.

xenovanis

Are you using different databases?

vemkeit

Yes one is xfgnet_ca_-_xtm(smf) and the other is xfgnet_ca_-_xgf(Vb)

xenovanis

Make sure the user of the vB database has access to the SMF database and the user of the SMF database has access to the vB database. You can set this in your cPanel -> MySQL databases -> add user to..

vemkeit

Quote from: xenovanis on January 02, 2006, 11:49:39 AM
Make sure the user of the vB database has access to the SMF database and the user of the SMF database has access to the vB database. You can set this in your cPanel -> MySQL databases -> add user to..

I do have access to the two of them both my admins are vemkeit and the password is the same even mysql is the same.

xenovanis

Okay, but do they actually have access to eachothers database? Did you set that in your cPanel?

vemkeit

Quote from: xenovanis on January 02, 2006, 12:30:36 PM
Okay, but do they actually have access to eachothers database? Did you set that in your cPanel?

yes I can access the database though the same name when I set up the two of then even the mysql database us the same name.

vemkeit

I was just thinking could it be the vb, because I was taking to my other half and she said that the vb3.5 we got is the vBulletin 3.5.0 gold. and I think its the one of the newest ones.

xenovanis

Not sure if I can solve it, but if you PM me your ftp and mysql details and links to both installations, I'm willing to take a look tomorrow.

vemkeit

Ok I have send you the info yesterday, I hope you can do something with it, and thank you for giving it a shot.

xenovanis

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten :) I just need to take care of some things and then I will take a look.

Advertisement: