News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

replies take you up a level

Started by climber, January 03, 2006, 10:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

climber

is it just me? when I post a reply to a message on THIS board I am redirected up one level. why would this be?

Ben_S

You mean back to the message index rather than the topic you posted to? It's a profile option.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

climber

when I replied to this message, I get taken to the list of messages in this topic, not the list of replies to THIS topic. I don't think that is correct functionality. certainly not from a UI standpoint...

Ben_S

Quote from: Ben_S on January 03, 2006, 10:36:48 AM
It's a profile option.

Change the option in your profile then - Profile > Look and layout preferences >  Return to topics after posting by default.

climber

Quote from: Ben_S on January 03, 2006, 10:36:48 AM
You mean back to the message index rather than the topic you posted to? It's a profile option.

is it an individual choice, or system? I'm not sure this should be the default behavior.

dtm.exe

Quote from: climber on January 03, 2006, 10:38:57 AM
is it an individual choice, or system? I'm not sure this should be the default behavior.

It can be either.  If you don't like the default, change it!  :)

Ben_S

It depends on what the admin chooses to configure as the default, either way, you can choose.

climber

Quote from: Ben_S on January 03, 2006, 10:39:49 AM
It depends on what the admin chooses to configure as the default, either way, you can choose.

cool, thanks. it IS a very configurable system & that is great. there are just so many options. I don't have a handle on all of them yet.

dtm.exe

Quote from: climber on January 03, 2006, 10:41:20 AM
cool, thanks. it IS a very configurable system & that is great. there are just so many options. I don't have a handle on all of them yet.

Browse the SMF admin panel and you'll have them down in no time at all ;).

Advertisement: