News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SQL Problems

Started by scythe_courage, January 03, 2006, 03:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scythe_courage

I fixed my other problems with my SMF but when I set-up the database I get this error:

QuoteSome of the queries were not executed properly. This could be caused by an unsupported (development or old) version of MySQL.

Technical information about the queries:
Line #3: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'GIF89a
' at line 1
Line #0: Incorrect table name ''
Click here to try this step again.

redone

Version of SMF? Any mods installed?

Fizzy

And please supply server config details

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

scythe_courage

I am using SMF 1.0.5. I haven't installed anything yet, although I have TInyPortal in my Sources file (i think it belongs there).

Server stuff: http://scythegames.com/info.php [nofollow]

redone

I read in another post you were trying to install SMF. Did you install it and everything work fine?

In other words did you get this problem after you installed Tiny Portal?

Fizzy

You need to get SMF 1.0.5 Installed and up and running before you start integrating with TP.

Can you please try a reload of all of your SMF files and make sure they are uploaded as Ascii except for the images which should be in binary. The opening error looks more like a mistranslated gif file.

scythe_courage

I removed TinyPortal but nothings changed. Its a hassle reuploading it. What could the problem file be?

scythe_courage

I found the problem. The way I uploaded it through webshell cause the files to only be half-uploaded. I zipped them and then unzipped them in webshell but there seems to be something curropt. My .sql files was 64b instead on 33kb and it seems its happened with all of it.

Fizzy

Then don't trust webshell.

Use FTP :)

Advertisement: