News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

News Fader - Set Order

Started by EG, January 04, 2006, 11:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EG

It would be great if it were possible to have a "set order" option on the News Fader

Very often when adding an item, I want to appear first, I ahve to create a couple of extra "new items" and copy and paste existing items around in order to set a new order for them

If it were possible to "set the order" we wanted each item to appear on the News Fader, it would be FAB :D

redone

Actually sounds like a good idea.

:)

ArkServer

I was thinking this as well but i never asked for it.

redone

Next time just suggest what your thinking about then!

What's the worst that can happen?  ;)

synthmob8

I wish to resubmit this request -- it's been over a year now since this thread was started and I wish I had this capability now - I have been doing the same thing the original author wrote and it's very much a hassle for me.

Thanks.

Kelly

chanders

+1

We really need a 'news reorder' button..

Col

Huh?

Sinse the news items are displayed randomly, what's the pourpose of ordering them in the manager? Am I missing something?

ディン1031

There is a news fader, and the news fader show it in the inserted order ;).

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

Col

Oh, yes, I misunderstood. I never think of the fader - I never use it. Maybe I'll dust it off! :)

青山 素子

Ask and you shall receive:

I decided to write a quick mod that will help adjust ordering of news items. It will be submitted to the official mod site, but you can get it from me directly for now.

http://www.animeneko.net/projects/smf/ordernews.php

WARNING: This mod is not approved and could be dangerous. Please remember to make backups of your forum before installing this (or any other) mod.

If you find any problems with the mod, I'll be monitoring this topic, or you can use the project-specific board on my site.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: