News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need some help with banners & how they display!

Started by Rob, January 04, 2006, 07:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Alright, I am asking for some help, because what I know about PHP and such is just about nothing.

Anyway, this is what I have. I am displaying banners at the top of my forum, under my menu. Here is the code for that:

// The main content should go here.  A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.

echo '
   <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
      <td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 15px 2ex 15px;">

<center><IFRAME SRC="http://www.realityfanforum.com/topforumads.htm" SCROLLING=NO FRAMEBORDER=0 WIDTH=729 HEIGHT=100></iframe></center>';

}

I am displaying the ads in the iframe. Anyway, a while back [Unknown] helped me make it so that donors don't see those ads, buy giving me this code:

static $i = 0;
if ($i++ == 0 && !in_array(###, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups']))

Where ### is the id of the donor group.

I had done this before, but my server crashed, and I had to rebuild everything, and now I can't figure out how to get the code to work, so that the donors don't see the ads, but everyone else does.

Whenever I try it, I get a parse error, and I just need some help. Every bit of help is much appriciated!!

Rob

SoftDux

What do you mean by donnors? How does it work? Maybe if I understand you requirements better I can try and help
  • cPanel :: Fantastico :: RVSkin :: WHM :: ModernBill
  • Reseller Hosting :: SSL Certificates :: Domain Registrations :: Affiliate Program
  • Blog Hosting :: CMS Hosting :: Forum Hosting :: E-Commerce Hosting
SoftDux- The Leaders in Software
Use the coupon: smf-06 to get 20% off our packages

Advertisement: