[1.1 RC2] vBulletin like Post Display template.

Started by TheMaTrIx, January 05, 2006, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomis

Quote from: bpat1434 on May 10, 2006, 01:16:20 PM
heh... template parse errors :(
It works fine for me. {shrug} If you're actually seeing errors, could you post them? 
~

B Patterson

well I was seeing errors, but now I'm not...

tomis

Quote from: bpat1434 on May 11, 2006, 08:24:59 AM
well I was seeing errors, but now I'm not...
Hmmm you must have made the request right when I was overwriting one of the template files.  That's the only explaination I can think of :)
~

L.G.S

Can you please post the code YOU used to create yours? It looks good
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

theslam2006

Damn, this does look good. Can someone please reupload the first one, AND tomis can you do yours please??? That looks sweet man.

Niteblade

Quote from: tomis on May 10, 2006, 01:04:41 PM
I've done a lot of similar stuff on my forum.  Basically just by tweaking Display.template.php.  You can see an example here.

I agree with the last poster; your looks the best. Please attach your display.template.php file so we can 'adjust' ours to look like yours. :)
affiliate blog

vnt87

So what does this mod do, exactly? Does it force SMF to display posts in the legacy style, or it does something else? Sorry if the answer is obvious  :P

L.G.S

It has the posters info along the top of the post and not the side :)

www.gamesandgoals.com

tomis

I'm flattered.  I've had several requests now for me to cough up the template code I'm using or to release the whole thing as a template. I'll have to think about what to do.  Right now I just hacked up the templates to make it look good, with out taking the time to properly document what I did or put the language strings over in the language files.  Also, what I've done includes more than just Display.template.php  You also would have to modify where private messages are displayed, where search results/newest posts/replies to my posts are all displayed.  If I were designing the templating system, I would have had a generic "post" template that got included in all those places, making template modifications a lot easier. (Hint hint, developers :)) I have also modified the forum display and a couple other things.  So to sum things up, the code is a real mess right now :)

What do you all think?  Should I clean it up and package it as a template in and of itself?
~

theslam2006

^^lol.

Alright, well I can wait for something amazing like this. I dont know about others. If you could re-do it and document what you did, and post it here, that would be great. I have several mods on my board, and for eas I kept the default template just changed it up alot. I would love for you to just give what you did, rather then making it a whole new set of files....

Thanks man.

Niteblade

Ya - a mod would be best because I already have 20+ mods installed. I can't wait to see what kind of errors I get. But, hey. It just needs to works with a clean install of smf v1.1 rc2 - the rest is my headache. :)
affiliate blog

theslam2006

L.G.S

Quote from: tomis on May 14, 2006, 04:14:53 PM
I'm flattered.  I've had several requests now for me to cough up the template code I'm using or to release the whole thing as a template. I'll have to think about what to do.  Right now I just hacked up the templates to make it look good, with out taking the time to properly document what I did or put the language strings over in the language files.  Also, what I've done includes more than just Display.template.php  You also would have to modify where private messages are displayed, where search results/newest posts/replies to my posts are all displayed.  If I were designing the templating system, I would have had a generic "post" template that got included in all those places, making template modifications a lot easier. (Hint hint, developers :)) I have also modified the forum display and a couple other things.  So to sum things up, the code is a real mess right now :)

What do you all think?  Should I clean it up and package it as a template in and of itself?

I'd find it easier if you just posted the code lol

www.gamesandgoals.com

theslam2006

^^He said, he did more things than doin just a few code edits. Would be good to just post it all, but he needs to do it again, as he said he doesnt really remember what he did. Just wait a few days, hopefully he will get around to getting that together.

tomis

Quote from: theslam2006 on May 14, 2006, 05:57:23 PM
^^He said, he did more things than doin just a few code edits. Would be good to just post it all, but he needs to do it again, as he said he doesnt really remember what he did. Just wait a few days, hopefully he will get around to getting that together.
LOL.  When I get a spare moment, I'll try to go thru the template files and pull out everything I did.  It's really not that hard though if you know a bit of HTML/Php.  It's basically just moving the stuff around that's already in there.  Give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can do. (I've got to do my real work first though.)
~

elpvn

TheMatrix, please correct the link, I need it much but couldn't download your display.template.php life  ???

Thankx
If tomorow comes ...
Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country

SMF 1.1RC2 + TP0.86,  The Hell Light theme (v1.0 beta)  by elpvn

theslam2006

trenchteam

L.G.S

In the mean time why not use the code from the PNPN theme, it's a perfect version for me.

www.gamesandgoals.com

trenchteam

I would really prefer the default theme with the vbulletin thats why.

Advertisement: