News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Matter of LIVE AND DEATH.

Started by thetrue, January 04, 2006, 02:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrue

I am new to smf, but I have used other product. Please I am confuse, I  i was able to set up apache and Php, but I have problem with sql . I have downloaded it several times. I think about 21 times now. and follow all instruction but I still get an error in line 2 when testing. and I need to be on today or i would lost my job with this company that need the forum. Please can some help me..

and how do I turn on the forllowing below, I did not do that for my php to work.  can someone explain better.

PHP 4.3.0 or higher, with the following set in php.ini:
     - it is recommended that the max_input_time directive is set to a value of at least 30.
     - it is recommended that the post_max_size and upload_max_filesize directives are set to the size of the largest attachments you wish to be able to upload.
     - it is recommended that the session.use_trans_sid directive is set to Off.
     - it is recommended that the session.use-cookies directive is set to On.
     - it is recommended that the memory_limit directive is set to at least 8M.
     - it is recommended that the max_execution_time directive is set to at least 15.
     - it is recommended that the register_globals directive is set to Off.

xenovanis

I find your topic title quite insulting.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

thetrue

it was not an insult , help me men... that all I need, I have been on the job for a month now, get me out of this ..
I have been able to set the other parameter in my php.in but I do not know how to resolve the session.save_path directive .. give me an

is this a correct setting, if not give me an example , please

;     session.save_path = "7;/C:\Program Files\php"

- PHP 4.1.0 or higher.  The following are required to be set correctly in php.ini:
     -     - the session.save_path directive must be set to a valid directory.

Peter Duggan

Quote from: xenovanis on January 04, 2006, 02:25:14 PM
I find your topic title quite insulting.

Since this is demonstrably *not* a matter of life and death, I agree with xenovanis and suggest you think more carefully before misusing such emotive language.

Joshua Dickerson

For the PHP stuff.. php.ini

For the MySQL stuff, I doubt you followed the instructions precisely. Though, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ask what the error is. Then I want you to check your MySQL error log to see what error it is giving you. You should also check to see if MySQL is started. If you can find out how to do these on your own, that means that you have sufficiently read enough of the MySQL manual to know what you are doing and for me to help you. Otherwise, go read the manual... www.mysql.com
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Sys_ZERO

Hello there,

This is not a "Matter of LIVE AND DEATH".

If you do not know how to setup a webserver properly and your job is setting up webservers then obviously that job isn't for you. Maybe you should get some more training then do that job because I can only see that you don't have enough understanding about webservers and how they work.

If you were hired from a cake shop and your job was to make/bake cakes and put dressings, toppings, etc on it and didn't know how to do that of course that job isn't for you and you'll lose it in no time.

Mini

redone

If you are relying on us to keep your job maybe you need another job? How much money do we receive for doing your work for you?  :P

I agree with everyone else this topic is very insulting.

Advertisement: