News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Open ID support

Started by SilverSide, January 06, 2006, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSide

What I want:
Open ID login support - would be awesome!  Open ID, wikis, open source software, this is the *FUTURE* of the computer world.  I say SMF should move with it and stay where it is - the very best!
Anyway, it shouldn't be hard to integrate openID support, from what I've seen - I made a preliminary attempt to integrate OpenID with my MediaWiki installation, and it wasn't very difficult.

Anybody else want this as bad as I do?

H

It looks interesting and would probably make a great mod.

I would think about waiting a while until the OpenID specs were 100% complete
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Dannii

It won't be in 1.1, however it might be in the next version
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Grudge

I believe this is being discussed for the next release of SMF
I'm only a half geek really...

tohagan

Quote from: SilverSide on January 06, 2006, 11:10:39 PM
Anybody else want this as bad as I do?

Seriously bad.  It would be wonderful to have OpenID! 

The SMF Dev Team may need to act fast to qualify for the hxxp:iwantmyopenid.org/bounty [nonactive] being offered to make it part of th SMF release.  I guess you're already aware of this.

vbgamer45

I am not sure if SMF would qualify for that since it needs to be an OSI-approved license.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dannii

Correct, we wouldn't qualify as we're not OSI approved. We also wouldn't want to rush a release just to make the prize.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Laibeus Lord

It's up to the SMF team if they want to be join the competition, but regardless, an OpenID feature for SMF 1.1 up will be one of the best features for SMF, and if I'm not mistaken, SMF will be the first php-forum to offer OpenID support.

kromonos

*bump*  :D
I like OpenID and would be very interested in a mod for SMF1.1.8 .. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think this is in 2.0 :) Don't believe there is a mod to do this on 1.1.8 though. :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

kromonos

hmm .. ok .. waiting for 2.0 Final .. *wait* .. *wait* :D

Advertisement: