A couple of problems after upgrading

Started by jaijaymama, January 07, 2006, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaijaymama

I'm having a couple of problems after upgrading from 1.0.5 to 1.1 RC 2:

When I click on the News & Newsletters link, I get this: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_edit_news() (previously declared in /home/milspou/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1607) : eval()'d code:351) in /home/milspou/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1607) : eval()'d code on line 5

When I click on Features & Options and Server Settings, I get this:  Unable to load the 'show_settings' template.

The names in my ban list have been replaced with 'cannot_post_001' or 'full_ban_001', etc.

When I try to do maintenance I get:  Unable to load the 'not_done' template.

I also don't see many admin links, like 'Email Your Members'.

HELP!! TIA!

!Hachi!

try  after uploading all themes files again.
Happy Ramadan

jaijaymama

The themes that come with the upgrade package or all themes (i.e. I have Themis and others installed).

!Hachi!

themes which are packed in 1.1rc2.      default/babylon etc... custom themes like themis are ok no need to reupload them.
Happy Ramadan

jaijaymama

Okay, some things are working with the default template (not my forum default, the one in the upgrade pkg.), but they don't work in my Themis templates.

Is there no 'email your members' link with 1.1 RC2?

jaijaymama

Nevermind - I see the 'newsletters' deal has replaced that ..

Also, we cannot view attachments in another theme other than those that came with the upgrade. Is there a fix for this, or should I have not upgraded? lol

xenovanis

Looks like the theme you are using is not compatible with 1.1 RC2. You need to wait untill the theme author decides to upgrade, or follow instructions here to upgrade your theme:
Template changes from SMF 1.1 RC1 to 1.1 RC2
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

jaijaymama

Well that sucks. I don't have time to edit everything now, so I'm going to attempt to go back to 1.0.5. Thanks so much for your help!

xenovanis

Do you have a backup of the database of the 1.0.5 forum? You can't just roll back to 1.0.5...
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

jaijaymama

Nope, I'm an idiot and forgot to backup beforehand! >:( I've just backed everything up and I suppose I can just reinstall 1.0.5 from Fantastico in my cPanel, right? Then import the database?

xenovanis

If that is the database of the 1.1 forum, no, you can't use it with 1.0.5.

jaijaymama

xenovanis

jaijaymama

Will those template modifications you linked to work if I am going from 1.0.5 to 1.1 RC 2?

jaijaymama

Just an update: I upgraded to the RC1 versions of my themes, then did the modifications you linked to and things seem to be working. Thanks so much!!

xenovanis

Advertisement: