• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
October 25, 2021, 06:33:31 AM

News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

stand-alone... old urls...

Started by pcigre, January 09, 2006, 11:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcigre

I found this in combined readme:

QuoteStand-alone:   You don't want your forum URL to change.
                           This would be if you already have a large SMF userbase, and you
                           don't want them to have to change the URL that they probably have
                           bookmarked.  In that case, make the changes in MOS_SMF.php as noted.

But i didn;t find where is that "noted". This would really means to manty people that had bards before bridging...

Kindred

that comment is intended for v3.19a of the bridge and previous. v.320 doe snot use MOS-SMF.php any more...

As for what changes, they are listed with comments in MOS-SMF.php...

And no... this would NOT mean most people who had forums before bridging.  Most of the people who had forums before bridging actually insert some code that redirects people who go to the forum url TO the component URL.

However, that being said...  I have a site where people access both wrapped and unwrapped with no difficulty.
Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: