breaking away from mambo/joomla

Started by mttwb, January 07, 2006, 11:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mttwb

I have made the decision to turn my site into a plain old fashioned html site ! away from mambo and joomla. My host has been having some probs with their sql servers and it's really scared me the fact that my site doesn't have any real pages ! and if sql goes down my whole site is down.  Anyway I need obviously then to split my forum away from it, it's run through the bridge at the moment. Is this easy to do? Is there something I can read up on for this? What are potential problems I should look out for?

tks in advance

Kindred

delete the bridge component in mambo/Joomla...   SMF is now unbridged.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mttwb

Sounds too easy? !  but if you say so !! :D I'll give it a go...

many tks

laser

But your forum still runs on SQL anyway :p .. you can't avoid that.

redone

Indeed your version of SMF is now unbridged but as the last poster commented you are still using MySQL for your forum.

Markku

Well, even if MySQL is down users can still browse mttwb's site, and through the site mttwb can inform when the forum is back online etc.
Official Finnish Joomla! partner site
http://www.joomlaportal.fi

Varment

If your host is unreliable why not move to a better host instead of down grading your site ???   :-\

Advertisement: