Downgrade to RC1

Started by rlhenson, January 09, 2006, 01:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlhenson

Is there an easy way to downgrade to RC1 from RC2. I know that the first thing that will be asked is did I do a backup and the answer is no. I waited to see what the response was from everyone else and as there was almost 0 problems reported I jumped on board. Unfortunately with a very tight integration of my community site using CB things have failed miserably. I am not blaming anyone or anything else, this is my fault, but I need help to get back to where I was (RC1 worked great). I love the new theme and some of the new features but on my site it has been a nighmare.

Thanks for any help,
Rick

Aaron

I'm afraid this isn't possible using a script, sorry. You could reverse all actions made by upgrade.php manually, but that'd be a lot of work, thus not an option I think.

Sorry,
Aäron.

J. Williams

Aaron

The only possible way is to re-upload rc 1 files & use a backup if you backed up before the upgrade.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Aaron

I know, and since he doesn't have one, that option is not applicable. ;)

Aaron.

rlhenson

Thanks for your responses, I guess I will just have to wipe out the forums and start over with RC1. That or look at other options that have better support for intigration.

Thanks again,
Rick

JayBachatero

Why don't you ask over at CB to see if they will update it to work with SMF?

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JayBachatero

Community Builder I believe.  A Mambo/Joomla component.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

rlhenson

It is not a problem with CB but with the bridges that no longer work with CB. When SMF upgraded there were a few changes to certain fields that are looked at by other things such as the bridges and some of the other things like the recent topics etc. When people change Fields that other components use then it can cause havoc.

The other programmers are making the changes and I have been assisting one or 2 of them in that process. But in the mean time I need to get my site functioning again.

Since my site is all about communities and relationships Community Builder is a must. A forum is also a must but do to the almost hostile attitude from some here it is hard to work out some of the kinks to use SMF. I like SMF so I try to work around this but it gets harder and harder at times.

I would like to personally thank Orstio for his assistance earlier in the month as he was very helpful. Unfortunately I have ran into some other issues since then so I am kind of at a loss.
Rick

Advertisement: