News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Fixed] Spanning Events.

Started by MrCue, March 01, 2004, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrCue

http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/
I posted a Scheduled maintenance event that spans the entire of this weekend while we move servers. Is there a way to stop it from displaying it multiple times and have something like.

* First Event (n days), *Next event (n days)

It just looks wierd at the moment.
I am neither a Pessimist nor an Optimist, Just a Realist.

Eve-Online Forum | View Latest Eve-Online Kills | Site Map | SMF Installation

MrCue

[Unknown]

I know... I've tried to think of a few ways to best handle this, but most of them end up causing problems....

Right now, making an event that spans fives days really makes five events...

-[Unknown]

MrCue

instead of making it post 5 events, cant you have an event_start, event_spans column?

pulpitfire

i wouldn't think it would be too hard to just have it put the $event ($days).  as for me, i like it to show the event each day.  otherwise, for example, what would it show in your Today block, in the info center, on the second and succeeding days of a spanning event? plus, if you're looking at the calendar itself, unless you happened to look back to the day it began, you might miss it altogether.

MrCue

Yeh, dont mind it showing on each day in the calendar.
Or each day on the front page, but NOT 4 times 1 after the other, when it spans multiple days.

[Unknown]

True... but that's the problem, it can't be done well with a "start" and "end".  It would be very very slow.

I suppose I can try to work something in where it won't display duplicated events, though...

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

! The calendar should no longer show spanned events in a row on the board index.

;).

-[Unknown]

MrCue

Poasters

I am quite late to this topic, so please split it off if this is not appropriate.

Is it possible to display a spanning event on the board index page on each dat for which the event is "active"?

Now a spanning event displays only on the first day of the event, but not any subsequent day. Therefore, a reader who misses the first day will not receive notice of the ongoing event.
I would place my signature right here if I had one. Since I don't, please visit Poasters Computer Forums

[Unknown]

Are you sure?  They should, actually.  It just won't list it multiple times.

-[Unknown]

Poasters

I scheduled an event to span 7 days, and it showed up on the board index on the first day only.
I would place my signature right here if I had one. Since I don't, please visit Poasters Computer Forums

[Unknown]

I just tested it and fixed it.

-[Unknown]

Poasters

Advertisement: