moving domains but sitll using the same databse, is it possible?

Started by Nitro, January 19, 2006, 12:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

i need to move my domain name into somewhere else, but i am still keeping the same database located in old hosting company. question is,
is this possible? and when i install again joomla is going to ask me for the database info, how can i keep the same information? can i skip the database information?

so the plan is, i am only using the webhost to move my site, but i know their databses are crapy, so i am going to use the same old databases located in 1and1.com which are way too good!

any comments, please. thank you so much!
MPF Rocks!!!

Aravot

I don't think that is possible, but don't take my word for it wait for one of the Gurus to reply

Nitro

i posted this same question up in the joomla forum and the admin told me it's possible as long as my mysql accepts external client connections. thank you man!!!
let's see what others have to say here as well.
MPF Rocks!!!

Orstio

Quotei posted this same question up in the joomla forum and the admin told me it's possible as long as my mysql accepts external client connections. thank you man!!!

That would be true.  Instead of localhost, you'll need to supply the IP address of the database.

Advertisement: