News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade to 1.1 RC2 removed copyright - HELP!

Started by mwd, January 19, 2006, 10:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwd

"Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!"

All I did was extract the upgrade to my installation folder and run upgrade.php as directed. I've seen this problem many times in this forum, but no answers contain instructions on how to fix. The closest thing I found that may have arrived at an answer was two people arranging a MSN chat to fix it.

How do I fix this? SMF is installed on a hosted account.

Ben_S

You never uploaded all the language files, would suggest reuploading everything as there may be other files that were missed.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

mwd

So, you suggest I extract the files to some other machine and then upload them to the machine where the forum is hosted instead of just extracting the files on the hosting machine?

It's been days trying to get my forum back online. I've now removed it completely and installed a fresh rc2 because my database is apparently now in that format and not compatable with anything else I can install. The thing is... now I have no members, posts, attachments, etc. I've restored the db via cpanel's restore mysql file, but that didn't do it. I presume I need to restore the tables and data from the backup I make in SMF. How do I restore this? (there's instructions that say it's important to do this backup, but no word whatsoever about how to restore this important backup).

Ben_S

Quote from: mwd on January 19, 2006, 11:23:21 AM
So, you suggest I extract the files to some other machine and then upload them to the machine where the forum is hosted instead of just extracting the files on the hosting machine?

Pretty much yes, just so long as they all get uploaded.

QuoteIt's been days trying to get my forum back online. I've now removed it completely and installed a fresh rc2 because my database is apparently now in that format and not compatable with anything else I can install. The thing is... now I have no members, posts, attachments, etc. I've restored the db via cpanel's restore mysql file, but that didn't do it. I presume I need to restore the tables and data from the backup I make in SMF. How do I restore this? (there's instructions that say it's important to do this backup, but no word whatsoever about how to restore this important backup).

Use phpMyAdmin.

wideye

I've run into the same issue on my local mirror site (I always practice these upgrades before I do it for real). I've downloaded the new language files and put them into the old theme, but still get the message. My custom theme has pretty extensive in the changes to the html, so I'm guessing that most of the theme files are actually modified from RC1? Is there a change log that I can consult so that I don't have to start from scratch with my theme? I didn't even finish out the changes completely yet ...

Note: I know of the changelog.txt. I'm referring to something a little more in-depth.

I have a feeling the answer is "Yeah right, that's what you deserve for making all those changes."

To get an idea of the extent of the changes, go here:
http://www.theblackkeys.com

and click "message board" at the top.

Note: I NEED to upgrade to RC2 because I'm using the Joomla! Bridge, and there is an issue with the total time logged in the user profile. Thanks for your help.

Ben_S

Advertisement: