Calendar mods

Started by Chris Curran, January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darth_dionysus

Quote from: Crossfire2142 on May 12, 2009, 05:52:51 PM
I have successfully modified the original recurring events mod to work on SMF2 (RC1), and will package it up so others can have it soon :)

Any update on this?

lochnar

Hi, I'm receiving an error message (Undefined index: event), and it may be related to the "Repeating Calendar Events v1.2.6" mod.

Please see this topic I created in the 1.1.X support board:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=323400.msg2155643#msg2155643

Please see attachments.

Here is the code being flagged in post.template.php:

620:                                                                  $subj = $context['subject'] == '' ? $context['event']['title'] : $context['subject'];

882:      if ($context['event']['repeating']=='0')
Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Kindred

there are a lot of problems with the current version of this mod (plus the "current" version is ancient)

the author has disappeared.... and I have not yet completed my update for the functionality (which will only be done for 2.0 when I am done)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sepulchre

looking forward to seeing this make it to 2.0  8)

mandukar

is there any news yet on the progress for this for 2.0 RC1.2

george_park

Very interested in an RSVP feature as well, would like to hear an update too.

I would also like to see something that can collect feedback after an event (just a simple question or poll for instance).

This will be a great addition to the calendar in SMF, one of the reasons I ditched my other forum software... last thing needed is rsvp (and maybe event categories, etc.).

Regards,
gp
You can't fix stupid.

darth_dionysus

The only thing I need is the recurring events for 2.0 RC1.2. That would make me a very happy camper, indeed.

I would think that would be built in already, but I guess maybe it's not important enough to put into the new build.

mandukar

Quotewould think that would be built in already, but I guess maybe it's not important enough to put into the new build.
in 2.0 and above they do  have a smaller ver of the calendar but its only days, not months or weeks etc.

darth_dionysus

Quote from: mandukar on August 18, 2009, 04:03:40 AM
Quotewould think that would be built in already, but I guess maybe it's not important enough to put into the new build.
in 2.0 and above they do  have a smaller ver of the calendar but its only days, not months or weeks etc.

In my SMF 2.0 RC1.2 forum I have the full calendar, showing a full month, with the preceding and following month as well, just like I had in my ver 1 forum.  Only birthdays and holidays are considered as recurring events.  As it is now I have to enter all other events I want to reoccur as holidays so I can have them repeat every year.

varmandra

Quote from: mandukar on August 18, 2009, 04:03:40 AM
I don´t find it, there is no repeating, only event for more than one day. there is nothing like "every day" or "every week"

BdT
Varmandra

mandukar

you mean every other day or week?.

varmandra

I have a SMF2.12 without any mod, and on the attached picture you can see there is no repeating.

Only Title, Date, Number of Days, Post in, Subject,....so no repeating, so we still have to wait for a mod update :)

shoepixie

Just a quick note: I'm yet one another user that would LOVE to see this mod succeed!  So far I haven't been able to find anything that increases the functionality of the calendar, and I'd love to be able to do more with it.  Repeating events would be fantastic, as would events that reminded people that they existed, somehow.  I'm not sure how any of that would happen - I'm not a coder - but if anyone's working on it, I'd be happy to be a tester and offer feedback!

Achilleas

Any new about this mod???

mandukar

kiel

For my sins I'll be updating this mod for 2.0 RC1.2.

Similarily I need Moonphases and reoccuring events not for astronomy but for astrology and Esbats, festivals and events - I administrate a community of Pagans in Birmingham, UK: www dot pagancentral dot org

If anyone would like to collaborate on this project, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Arantor

Just a word of advice: you won't be able to publish it on the SMF mod site unless it works on the current versions at the time, i.e. 2.0 RC2 or 1.1.10.

mandukar

it would be nice to see it appear in the mod list, I know a lot of people would like to see it too.

_sebas_

hi,
I have a mystery to solve,
Why on the calendar times of lunar phenomena, was obtained with a systematic advancement of 7 hours?

just have to insert table from code "repeatEvents_modifyTables.php", why it fails?

Garry1953

I'm also in favour of Repeating Events for SMF 2.0

I run an Art Forum, and we have annual listings of competitions and shows, and some Bi-Annual events also.

Advertisement: