Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Calendar mods

Started by Chris Curran, January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_sebas_

hi !

in advice display board index:

Lunar events disappears in current day of phase.

Joff

How are the displayed events sorted?

I have added three events to a day in this format:

10.30am - Family Service
4.30pm - AGM
6pm - Worship and the Word

It doesn't seem to matter in what order I enter them, 4.30pm always appears as the first entry! I want it to display in order of time.

Bobn

Anyone having trouble with this mod not allowing some posts to be seen when using SSI? I have a page linked to the board where the calendar posts to and everything is fine then for some unknown reason when an event is posted it causes the SSI to only read a partial list of events.

_sebas_

this mod is little dangerouse

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nivlac

Where did all the time go?
Quote« Reply #417 on: May 04, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
Chris has not been an active user here for a LONG time...   And I never got his mod to fully work...   so I think the best answer is "no one right now knows the answer".

As for the 2.0 version...   yes, I know I keep syaing "just around the corner" but I am sitting down eahc evening this week to actively work on it. For real.

« Reply #423 on: July 12, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »
there are a lot of problems with the current version of this mod (plus the "current" version is ancient)

the author has disappeared.... and I have not yet completed my update for the functionality (which will only be done for 2.0 when I am done)

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruitflies like banana." :P

Any word on your progress with this mod Kindred? (He asked, as Kindred resists the urge to scream.) No sweat, I know how life can creep up on you and the next thing you know a year has gone by.

My forum Administrator wanted to upgrade to 2.0 RC2, which I did, and now... you guessed it. We were using the "Repeating Events" calendar mod, even though it was a little buggy with SMF 1.1.11. So now she says, "All the birthdays I put in the calendar and made repeating are gone!" No, says I. They're still there in the database, you just can't see them because the mod isn't updated yet, but there is a person working on it, you just have to wait because he also works for a living and that comes first. So that's my reason for asking.

I wish I could offer some help, but I know just enough PHP to drive me insane and accidently pull data from alternate realities. It has to be, because no one can understand it.

And, I just want to say, I truly appreciate people such as yourself that do the thing you do to make our lives as forum owners, administrators and webmasters easier. Atta boy!

Thanks...

Kindred

I had this partially working with RC1...  then RC2 went and changed everyting and the SMF staff blow-up happened.
The last few months have been full of me managing the SMF project itself and I have had no time to code even my more simple mods up to RC2 standards.

If someone else with coding knowledge wants to take over this mod, I consider Chris to have abandoned it and I offer my interest in it to someone who is willing to take it over. Otherwise, I will re-start work on this in about a month or so.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nivlac

Thanks Kindred. It grieves me that all that drama is going on over SMF. :(  I don't personally know anyone involved and I'm not saying those at the root of the problems are bad people either, but sometimes people tend to get themselves caught up in things because they allow things like power, pride or greed to keep them from being a better person.

Based on what I've read here and on other sites, it seems that some need to realize that the issues in their personal world are insignificant because the reality is that their actions affect the thousands of users that have come to love SMF in the real world. The users and the team are in a symbiotic relationship and each group can cause the other group to die off. As the Star Trek character Spock said, "...logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Magnanimousness is needed in this instance, and not megalomania.

May I recommend live627 as a possible candidate to take over the repeating events mod? I was trying to get a password on registration mod updated to 2.0 RC2 which had similar circumstances in which the author had seemingly abandoned the mod, and live627 coded a new mod from scratch which provided the needed function. However, I don't know his schedule or if he would be interested in taking it over. Perhaps you could PM him and inquire.

TheDragon

Quote from: Joff on January 24, 2010, 03:53:19 PM
How are the displayed events sorted?

I have added three events to a day in this format:

10.30am - Family Service
4.30pm - AGM
6pm - Worship and the Word

It doesn't seem to matter in what order I enter them, 4.30pm always appears as the first entry! I want it to display in order of time.

2 possible solutions:

#1, use Military time
#2. preface each time with an index
eg
1 10.30am - Family Service
2 4.30pm - AGM
3 6pm - Worship and the Word

CiQ

yo.
fast recode of "Repeating Events for Calendar" done. 3 hrs of my life  :'(
test pls and tell me about bugs.

Kindred

please submit that to the mod site?\ so that it can be validated by the mod team and provided in its own thread?
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

If it's an update of an existing mod it will require original author's permission first before it can be uploaded, but if it's a fresh rewrite it's probably OK.

Kindred

Chris took the mod over from me...   and has since abandoned it...   I consider this mod fair game...
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Sounds more than reasonable to me :)

CiQ

i rewrite this mod for my site and i thought that others would be interested.

Kindred

thank you CiQ...

Quote from: Kindred on April 08, 2010, 07:33:37 PM
please submit that to the mod site?\ so that it can be validated by the mod team and provided in its own thread?
Слaва
Украинi

CiQ

Submited. Waiting for approve. 

doughboy99

I don't suppose the changes included making this compatible with SMF 2 did they?? ;)

CiQ

only 1.1.x compatible. i don't use smf2 :)

canadiancray

ANything yet for newer versions of SMF? It would seem like a no brainer to me that this should have been added right from the begining since so many other forums have this feature.

Advertisement: