Ability to sort topics in specific boards in chronological order.

Started by hstraf, January 26, 2006, 02:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hstraf

Is this possible?  I would like to use one specific board on my forum as a type of "blog" area where only I can post and others can reply..

..but I need the ability to sort topics in only that board by date I made the starting topic post.  (So that this board's listings are sorted by date, just like a normal blog.)

Is this possible?

I looked for a "sort by first post date" setting for the board admin area, but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Col

hstraf

Quote from: Col on January 26, 2006, 09:54:30 PM
Erm, can't you just sticky them? ???
You could.. but that's kind of a clutzy workaround.  I'd much rather see the ability to sort by chronological order, if possible.

:) 

Col

Hi,

Actually, I made a mistake. I forgot that when someone replies to a sticky, the sticky will go to the top. Stickies have priority over non-stickies, but they are still ordered by the last post date, unless it's changed for 1.1?

I did try some searches for this, as I know I've seen this topic raised before. It would appear that a fair number of people would find this useful, but no one has developed it. The only thing I could find that pointed a way, was: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=5122.msg61885#msg61885

I can't code, so I can't figure it out. Maybe someone reading this might? :)

Advertisement: