Previous topic - Next topic

SamoanOnion

how bout a RSS BB code,

something like...

[rss]
rss feed
[/rss]

dtm.exe

Hmm, I also think that this would make a good feature.

[Unknown]

And what would it do?  Just display a link?

-[Unknown]

dtm.exe

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 03, 2005, 09:18:04 PM
And what would it do?  Just display a link?

-[Unknown]

No, I figured it would read the data and put that data into the post (and update with each refresh/view).

dtm.exe

Quote from: willo on September 04, 2005, 12:17:22 AM
I would like to add a request, but slightly different.  I would like to have an admin module for feeds of all types supported by SMF.

For example in

Admin/Forum/Boards/Add Board (1.1 b3)

A check box with the supported Feeds

RSS
RSS2
XML
ATOM
RDF
Yahoo
Maybe a custom feed type for adding admin define feeds for adding to blog sites....

When you activate the feed type(check box), it will create in icon of the feed next to the name of the board or the child board.  The administrator then has control over what gets fed and the type of feed they would like to support.  I've seen many of the posts on adding them manually, but that can really take some time with a forum of 100 boards.

Then in the post have an RSS button for adding a feed to a topic?

I would also be nice to have the same check boxes in the news section. 

The firefox feed functionality is great, but the percentage of users is still too low.  With the RSS momentum building (MS vista built in to the OS) and the popularity of feeding via blogs,  I can see this as a great way to increase use of the info on the board.

Would you mind posting your request in a new topic instead of hijacking this one?

SamoanOnion

no, it would look like THIS (look at the far right column)

I don't know, I think it would be a pretty good feature as well, I would use it.

Sharjeel66

finally...some discussion

yes

this feature is reali needed by serius news based forums like some of mine.

we need a newcentre but for that you need staff. these days since ever good news company has RSS feeds set up

this feature could allow us to set up feeds for certain forums so every item of the news in the feed gets osed as a sepperate topic. with the content of the feed in quoes and the URL for the ful article under the quotes...

ths would allow even 1 man forums to set up a world class news centre:D

H

Would it not be better to have a mod which integrated something like Magpie RSS
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Sharjeel66

Advertisement: