Getting an error.. Help please!

Started by Jangle, January 28, 2006, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jangle

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/tomquinn/spore-game.net/SMF/upgrade.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /hsphere/local/home/tomquinn/spore-game.net/SMF/upgrade.php on line 45"

What does this mean?

dtm.exe

Where does this error appear?  What are you clicking that generates this?

Jangle

I went into upgrade.php and filled it in ( i think i entered something wrong) . Then when I clicked to go on, it said nope, click here to try again. Now whenever I go into upgrade.php, this comes up:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/tomquinn/spore-game.net/SMF/upgrade.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /hsphere/local/home/tomquinn/spore-game.net/SMF/upgrade.php on line 45"

dtm.exe

Quote from: Jangle on January 28, 2006, 11:51:53 AM
I went into upgrade.php and filled it in ( i think i entered something wrong) . Then when I clicked to go on, it said nope, click here to try again. Now whenever I go into upgrade.php, this comes up:

Could you please provide me with a link to your forum via PM?

Jangle

I think I know why.. i seem to have downloaded the rc2 upgrade instead of the 1.0.6 one.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Jangle on January 28, 2006, 12:09:12 PM
I think I know why.. i seem to have downloaded the rc2 upgrade instead of the 1.0.6 one.

Either way, you should not be seeing those errors.

Jangle

Okay, I've sent you the link to my forum.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Jangle on January 28, 2006, 12:14:46 PM
Okay, I've sent you the link to my forum.

I received the link; however, it would appear that this is something that only your host could assist you with.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jangle

But do you know what the problem with my host is?

dtm.exe

Quote from: Jangle on January 28, 2006, 12:26:23 PM
But do you know what the problem with my host is?

Because it's a problem related to connecting to the MySQL server :).

Jangle

okay, I contacted my host and all seems well, however when I go to upgrade.php I get redirected to install.php. Should this happen?

edit: Nope, its not fixed at all.

Advertisement: