First install and i cant post

Started by JosteinG, January 27, 2006, 07:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosteinG

Please help me!

I have been following the install guide: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/readme_install.html

Im using my own server with the following:

windows 2003
apache_2.0.55-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
mysql-5.0.15-win32
php-5.0.5-Win32.zip

phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl4.zip
smf_1-1-rc2_install

I have been reading for hours and for some reason i cant find help with my problems this time.
PS. this is my first server installation.

My problem is that i cant post or do anything. I do get to login and shout hurray!! .. but then i cant post or even logout.

Please help me!  :)

Bigguy

Do you have any error logs you can check on the server to see if there is a problem ??? If you can post them here it would be great. Someone should be able to help. I know when I had that problem on my home server I had to define my ip address in the apache config file I think it was.

JosteinG

Im trying but cant find any errors in Apache og in Windows. It all seems to work greit - but no it aint! :(

The errors i see are the following:

When i try going admin in smf:
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. 

When i try posting:
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

When i try logout:
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

That kinda error makes me think i cant write or get access to somewhere in the server from smf but i have done it all from the install guide..

Dont know what else tro try now.  :(

kegobeer

Do other PHP apps work on your server?  How long have you been running your own server?  Are you certain the problem isn't with your server configuration?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Prasad007

Quote from: JosteinG on January 28, 2006, 01:58:42 AM
Im trying but cant find any errors in Apache og in Windows. It all seems to work greit - but no it aint! :(

The errors i see are the following:

When i try going admin in smf:
An Error Has Occurred!

When i try posting:
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

When i try logout:
An Error Has Occurred!

That kinda error makes me think i cant write or get access to somewhere in the server from smf but i have done it all from the install guide..

Dont know what else tro try now.  :(
have you installed any mods?
also check in forum maintainance under admin "Check all files against current versions."
make sure all versions are correct
i had that cause me the same problem

JosteinG

Hi again.

I have testeted the ip address in the apache config file..
I have no mod installed..
Cant find any error..
Cant go admin in SMF.. how to i "Check all files against current versions."?

I have other pages running php on this server but there is no problems there..
I think my problem is in SMF but im not sure..
How can i get help to fix this..? ill do anything.. i can give someone access to this computer or to the forum if that can help..?
Please, I realy want SMF to work and understand what has gotten wrong here..

I have had this server running for two months .. kinda fun to test and learn at home but also irritating when im getting nowhere like now.. :(

Advertisement: