News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Thank You Simple Machines!

Started by jordanpardy2863, January 29, 2006, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanpardy2863

Thank you for creating SMF!

The features, compared to many other leading forum software like Invision Power Board, phpBB, vBulletin and some others are excellent. vBulletin is over $100, Invision being $69.95, phpBB being free but ugly, and SMF being better than the rest and free.

The only thing I was wondering about is, I have an arcade (ibProArcade) on my Invision Power Board for my hxxp:www.jordanpardy.com/forum [nonactive] and its not available for SMF but I was wondering about arcade systems for SMF, is there a such thing? I'm running SMF on my hxxp:www.jordanpardy.com/clan [nonactive].

:) Otherwise this is the best software in the world. Clean. Easy to use. It's just excellent.

Another thing though, I have MkPortal, and I have the older version because its the only one that is compatible with SMF 1.x, and the new one works with SMF 1.1, but when/if I do upgrade to SMF 1.1 when it gets out of beta, and it goes into a stable release, would I upgrade my mkPortal first, or SMF?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Regards,
Jordan

JayBachatero

Welcome to SMF.  There is an Arcade mod for SMF.  Take a look at it here.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Isaac

There is an arcade MOD for SMF!  You can download it on the MODs page of the website. :)

dtm.exe

Quote from: Isaac on January 29, 2006, 09:37:45 PM
There is an arcade MOD for SMF!  You can download it on the MODs page of the website. :)

You repeated exactly what Jay said.

Isaac

Edited origional post, didn't want to start a flame war.

dtm.exe, I did not realize that Jay had posted.  As I do not have the alert when new replies are made, or return to thread after post enabled, I did not know he had made his post.  If you look at the times of the posts, mine was made 25 seconds after Jay's.

Bigguy

You would install smf first and then install MKPortal.

Advertisement: