Database Error

Started by cweb255, January 28, 2006, 11:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cweb255

Hello everyone.

Since I upgraded the forum to 1.0.6, I'm now receiving this error whenever I try to access my posts:

Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
File: /home/neonosta/public_html/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 150

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.6, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I looked through the admin options, but didn't see anything. What should I do?

dtm.exe

Run the upgrade once more.

cweb255

That's another problem - there's no option for me to do so. Everything looks like it has been upgraded already...

dtm.exe

Quote from: cweb255 on January 28, 2006, 11:34:34 AM
That's another problem - there's no option for me to do so. Everything looks like it has been upgraded already...

Everything except your database, of course :).  I would be more than happy to manually upgrade your forum manually, if you desire.  If so, send me a PM.

dtm.exe

Forum upgraded successfully :).

cweb255

ok2nvme

Along those lines, for about a week now, my forum has been giving me and all of our members this error:

Database Error:

Got error 28 from table handler
File: /public_html/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

And occasionally, this one:

Database Error:

Got error 28 from table handler
File: /public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 793

I've run upgrade.php several times, and did the check and repair script that my host provides me for database maintenance, beyond that I'm stuck for ideas.  The host limits manipulation of the database settings thru a PHP interface, and I'm not sure how much room I've got to maneuver if it is a database problem.

Has anyone else seen this before?  FYI - I upgraded to 1.06, and the upgrade worked fine for a while, but the error messages returned a few hours, ago.

dtm.exe

ok2nvme, in the future, please start new topics for new support requests :).  Make sure all files were uploaded and overwritten.

ok2nvme

Quote from: dtm.exe on January 30, 2006, 12:57:32 AM
ok2nvme, in the future, please start new topics for new support requests :).

My bad.  ;)

Quote from: dtm.exe on January 30, 2006, 12:57:32 AMMake sure all files were uploaded and overwritten.

I've actually done that.  I started with FTPing those two files over, directly from the 1.0.6 download, and then just kept going when that didn't fix the problem.

I thought maybe there were settings for the database that aren't correct for it to be compatible with the forum scripts.  The "System Requirements" page, here, says that the database has to be a certain version of MySQL with some sort of caching enabled, and my host doesn't have those specs visable anywhere that I've seen.  Is there a way that I can check that?

Advertisement: