News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

de5151

QuoteUse the same ad form to add all those ads, they should get stacked one below the other by default

When I do that, only one ad at a time is shown.  It rotates through the ads if the page is refreshed.  I was wanting to show all five or so ads at once, stacked one above another.

Is this possible?

vbgamer45

Not currently possible you would have to use custom ad code and make a table
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

darkprinz

Hey friends

Got one serious doubt ... Am new to PHP so please forgive and help me even if  feel the question is dumb ...

I have an smf forum installed with 'My Lee theme' set as overall theme .. I have done little appearance change to the theme ... So i want to stick to this theme rather than core or default theme ..

but when i try to install Ad management mod or any mod for instance .. there are instructions like i need to change some code in default/subfolder etc..Which means defalt theme ... If am going to do all the code change wrt to default theme how will it get installed for my actual theme used ???

This is hindering my progress from instlaling mods .. please clear my doubt  :-[ :-[

Kindred

I assume that you are running on smf 1.1.11?  If so, then yes, changes are only done to the default theme (automatically). Other themes will have to be changed manually. This is true for ANY mod on 1.1.11 and on some mods even on 2.0.

The number of changes required in the custom theme depend on which files the theme defines (versus which ones are used from the default)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

darkprinz

Quote from: Kindred on August 07, 2010, 04:01:39 PM
I assume that you are running on smf 1.1.11?  If so, then yes, changes are only done to the default theme (automatically). Other themes will have to be changed manually. This is true for ANY mod on 1.1.11 and on some mods even on 2.0.

The number of changes required in the custom theme depend on which files the theme defines (versus which ones are used from the default)

Thanks Kindred for the reply ,

Iam using Smf 2 RC 3 , is the condition same for this release too ??

And As u said ... In most of the mods, including AD management mod ... The instructions contains files to be edited as defalt/boardindextemplate.php
But my custm theme folder doesnot have files like these !!! How am i to modify it manually if that type of files are not there ???!!!  :(

Please help mate  :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

If your using SMF 2 xx you can choose + "Install in other themes", if the files pass then it will install it into that theme for you

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

darkprinz

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 08, 2010, 12:40:43 AM
If your using SMF 2 xx you can choose + "Install in other themes", if the files pass then it will install it into that theme for you

Oh ok will then try it out and tell u ppl .. thanks

waqarhassan

i installed it on my forum this is very good thing you can change permission for all user very nice i am thanks to developer of this mod thanks again

darkprinz

I tried as  ppl suggested ...

I installed
AD mod in default theme  and in additional options installed it in my custom theme ...It was stated succesful too ...

After that i tried to add a ad unit ... now in the place where ad should be there i get this php error lines

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/hiamyc/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code(329) : eval()'d code on line 1
[/b]

What could be the problem ??  :-[

darkprinz

any one please help me  :-\

GarfieldP

wait at least 24 hours man! ::)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Seems their is a parse error in Load.php according to that error

attach it

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kindred

john, see the EVAL statement. That means that the error is probably NOT in load.php.

Darkprinz, please go into your server settings in admin and click the checkbox for turning OFF the eval statemments.

Also, if the template file is not present in the custom theme, then the system uses the one in the default theme directory (which is why many themes are nothing except index.template.php, css and image files)

As for what happened....  it looks like the mod did not install cleanly (no kidding, right)
You may have to manually review the edits to confirm which files were edited where...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Kindred on August 08, 2010, 07:26:40 PM
john, see the EVAL statement. That means that the error is probably NOT in load.php.

Still, a look at that line should help track it down lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kindred

john...   No. it will not. EVAL has very little relation (if any) to the actual error. Often the eval error appears as the last line of the file.
Слaва
Украинi

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Kindred on August 08, 2010, 09:48:06 PM
john...   No. it will not. EVAL has very little relation (if any) to the actual error. Often the eval error appears as the last line of the file.

So approaching the error, where do you look then, 1st place?

SMF 2.0 RC5

crustybum

I have had some problems with this (just a small one)  where everything is duplicated twice, i can see it on my index template, but every time i try to remove the duplicate code it messes up my forum, i dont know what it is i am doing(or not) (luckily i saved original) if i post my index up could someone have a look ...please?

Chris

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Please refer to the mod page, tick mod release, select smf version you use and click parse just below it. You will get instructions how the mod is installed. Do the reverse of that to remove the code from each modified files.

Kindred

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 08, 2010, 09:57:25 PM
Quote from: Kindred on August 08, 2010, 09:48:06 PM

So approaching the error, where do you look then, 1st place?

you have to disable the eval statement. There is a mod for 1.1.x and it is part of the admin features in 2.0
Слaва
Украинi

king999

I m using dizner studio themes so how can i install this mod in those theme i faced problems when i install.

Advertisement: