News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

slider11111

I unistaled the mod then deleted it then reinstalled it. Now when i make an ad it places two ads in the edit ad section and puts two ads on the page ? I uninstalled the mod again then deleted it and I reinstalled it and now I get three ads?

vbgamer45

Looks like the mod did not uninstall you need to follow the manually install instructions to remove the duplicate code added
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennk

Hi VBGAMER are you able to help me please

vbgamer45

I dont' believe its under modifications setttings. Check that the mod actually modified the admin.php file in the sources for the ad mod. It should have its own section.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennk

I cant see any code for the mod in admin.php what is the code im looking for ?

glennk

I tried navigating to the url for the admod area and got this message

Issue with the Ad Mod
LoadAds.php is missing/corrupt from your sources directory. Please make sure that it uploaded properly. The Ad mod won't be able to function properly. If you are having issues, please visit www.smfads.com!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Please don't bump your support request before 24 hours..

Have you tried to reupload LoadAds.php manually from the package?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

glennk

It is present and looks ok. I reuploaded but the error persists. In ftp it says its owned by apache apache. Is this correct ?

vbgamer45

Yeah that is fine. I would double check the install to see if the install took at all.
It seems like only portions were installed check the manual install instructions and see if all the files where edited.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

_pi

sorry to ask that, but i also have double entries in admin(index.php?action=admod)
currently i got only 2 ads, but both are displayed twice.
this topic is very long, so its hard to find the solution.
i use smf 1.1.11.
how to fix that?

i already went the hard way to remove all your code by hand and then installed again (also manual editing was required, because my test forum is heavy tweaked)

thanks!

dWhite

Cool thanks. I use this mod on my upcoming advertising forum. :)

vbgamer45

Quote from: _pi on August 24, 2010, 04:44:48 PM
sorry to ask that, but i also have double entries in admin(index.php?action=admod)
i use smf 1.1.11.
how to fix that?

i already went the hard way to remove all your code by hand and then installed again (also manual editing was required, because my test forum is heavy tweaked)

thanks!
If you have duplicate ads or duplicate entried for ad mod in admin center.
That means the mod was installed twice and needs to be removed manually using the manual install instructions on the site.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

_pi

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 24, 2010, 04:49:16 PM
Quote from: _pi on August 24, 2010, 04:44:48 PM
i use smf 1.1.11.
how to fix that?

thanks!
If you have duplicate ads or duplicate entried for ad mod in admin center.
That means the mod was installed twice and needs to be removed manually using the manual install instructions on the site.

i already did that. thats why i ask.
which part of your scripts is listing the ads in admin? please point me the right place, so that i can check.

Kindred

well, if you go through the mod parser, you can figure it out...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

If your talking about the 2 entries for the configuration area..
Look for
Code (index.php) Select

'admod' => array('Ads.php', 'Ads'),

and
Code (subs.php) Select

'edit_addmod' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=admod">' . $txt['ad_management'] . '</a>',

see if its their twice, Note the Ads.php, that's the configuration area I believe.

I would generally look for everything that this mod changes/adds and see if anything is their twice one file at a time.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

_pi

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2010, 06:08:27 PM
well, if you go through the mod parser, you can figure it out...

thats really not a helpful reply.

_pi

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 24, 2010, 06:18:42 PM
If your talking about the 2 entries for the configuration area..
Look for
Code (index.php) Select

'admod' => array('Ads.php', 'Ads'),

and
Code (subs.php) Select

'edit_addmod' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=admod">' . $txt['ad_management'] . '</a>',

see if its their twice, Note the Ads.php, that's the configuration area I believe.

I would generally look for everything that this mod changes/adds and see if anything is their twice one file at a time.

thanks, i have both only once.

Kindred

?  whyever is it not?  Because I expect you to do some work on your own rather than handing you answers on a platter?  These questions are the main reason that we added the parser into the mod site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: