News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

And they won't work together! Fairly sure that SimpleAds can do anything this can do.

mybiafraland

i got Unable to load the 'Ads' template. after uninstalling it from the admin panel how do i get access to my admin panel again>>>>>> pls can't do anything on my site again
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
on another note==>> Before sex.. you help each other get na'ked, after
sex you only dress yourself.... Moral of the story:
in life no one helps you once you're fuc'ked
My mentor's Blog hoping  my site beats nairaland someday

SMFHacks.com Team

@liveencylopedia - make sure that the edits were removed. You'll want to do the reverse of Manual Installation of Mods.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

merlinatia

Can someone tell me how the funny can i remove these ads words down of my site ?I removed this mod but it is still doins his ads at my site.  :'(

TheListener

Quote from: merlinatia on May 27, 2012, 11:46:20 AM
Can someone tell me how the funny can i remove these ads words down of my site ?I removed this mod but it is still doins his ads at my site.  :'(

Did you uninstall the mod fully?

Any errors in your error log?

merlinatia

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 27, 2012, 11:47:51 AM

Did you uninstall the mod fully?

Any errors in your error log?

yes uninstall mod correctly without errors

then i thought if install again then uninstall again maybe this time it  will remove but nothing happened

i checked iindex.template file couldnt find anycode for deleting these ads words from my site

TheListener

You may have to go through the files using the mods parser.

merlinatia

Jesus why modders do not add simple removing tools their mods or do not doing good scripting.I just so pissed of i just read about 40 angry people comments like me how do i uninstall that smfads words from my site ?but no resolution except building new site.

good work.

TheListener

Firstly complaints will get you nowhere.

I have given you the solution so there is no need to rebuild your forum.

Using the mods parser all you have to do is manually check each file and remove any code related to the mod.

Kindred

And just for the record - most of the time, mods DO correctly uninstall quite simply using the package manager. So your complaints are regarding a specific issue which is not an issue that most other people seem to have

You also don't indicate what you mean by

Since this mod actually has nothing, at all, to do with google adwords (unless YOU added googe adwords to your site in the code block of this mod)

or are you talking about the smf ads link in the footer?  If so, then following the manual uninstall instructions will correctly remove that as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WebLair

I installed this on my 2.02 SMF about two weeks ago. I am essentially using a copy of the default curve theme with some css changes and about a dozen mods.

However i cannot see "ads" i can however see the space created for them, and that they have had around 5000+ hits. i have uninstalled  and reinstalled the mod no change and no errors. I have removed my ads and mad new ads to get fresh code but no change.

I cannot find an answer for this problem. it is being used on two domains.
http://social.ozgamernetwork.com [nofollow]
http://competitive.ozgamernetwork.com [nofollow]

SMFHacks.com Team

What type of ads did you add custom code? banner what?
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

WebLair

I have not messed with the code that Google adsense gave me. I have been using the various skyscraper ads and putting them in the right side tower position including the child boards option. I have also been putting them in as the html option, not php.

As a test i put horizontal banner (full size) as "after last post" only a short while ago, not showing anything yet.

SMFHacks.com Team

Code looks fine. Maybe since it is new code you have a waiting period on it for it to appear.
Or it sees content on your site it does not like.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

WebLair

Ads on my phpbb site were fine, it's silly that i can't see what bots are on my forum, at least that way i could see if google bot was coming and doing it's job. I don't see how it counts 5000 hits but google is not putting anything there yet. 2 weeks should be plenty. There is also no "content" that would be disallowed. Guess time will tell.

ApplianceJunk

You can s
Quote from: WebLair on June 02, 2012, 03:12:38 AM
Ads on my phpbb site were fine, it's silly that i can't see what bots are on my forum, at least that way i could see if google bot was coming and doing it's job. I don't see how it counts 5000 hits but google is not putting anything there yet. 2 weeks should be plenty. There is also no "content" that would be disallowed. Guess time will tell.

You can see what bots have visited your forum, but that's another topic. ;)
It should only take a few minutes for new google ads to show up after they have been created.

desichat

i have installed smf mod ad_mod_v3.0_SMF_v2-0 on my smf forum 2.02 but still google ads is not showing on my forum. kindly guide me how to resolve the issue.

SMFHacks.com Team

Quote from: desichat on June 14, 2012, 02:57:48 AM
i have installed smf mod ad_mod_v3.0_SMF_v2-0 on my smf forum 2.02 but still google ads is not showing on my forum. kindly guide me how to resolve the issue.
Do normal ads work?
Google has a waiting time for ads to appear. Try entering a background color for your ad if no ad is open for that spot and see if it appears.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite

chinclub

I just added this to my site and the ads don't work.  I checked all of the code twice.  I am trying to add a basic html banner.  I tried every check box available for the ad to see if any of them work but nothing.  I also checked to be sure that disable ads wasn't checked in the settings section but it isn't.
The only thing I did notice is that the links to SMF at the bottom of the page are all overlapping now.  I went back and checked all of the code and can't find any errors.

http://www.chinchillaclub.com/forum/index.php

chinclub

Ok, If I only check show add at the top of every page OR show ad at the bottom of every page it works.  But if i only want the ad on certain pages nothing else works.

Advertisement: