News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: topman on June 15, 2015, 01:59:19 AM
Quote from: Kindred on June 12, 2015, 08:21:10 AM
we don't use this mod here on this forum...

but neither do we have "two different ads in the same location"

the code that you quoted indicates right in the comment which ad-box it is
... Location - Welcome Area/User Information Box

I cant see where it says "right" in the code.
I think the problem is because I still have SMF forums logo taking up this space being forced down there by my banner picture.

I'm running SMF 2.1.0  beta1 and with a minor tweaking of where and when those {} he mentioned were it functions pretty good on my site...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Topman

Still not a great deal of help!

Portugal

Hi,

Im using a responvive theme, but now ive a problem, with this mod the ads are showed to outside of the theme, it remains the original size of ads. Well i was try diferent ways to solve that insue, but sill need help. Its possibile to include maximum and minimum size for the ads to show on places in special at places betwen topics? I solve this using the "Show ads like a post" but i need to return to normal way (without using "show as a topic").
After see on google adsense help i see that existes a possibility to use some code before the ads and it goes adapt the ads to the better size, how can i use it on this mode? I pareciate any help.´

Thanks in advance

vbgamer45

Not at this time. There is no way to set a  min size or a maximum size ad. It is just one ad that fits all.

Google adsense has an option to place a responsive ad block you would have to get the code from google.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Topman

I've got the same issue on my android tablet.
Ads outside the forum area.

vbgamer45

That will happen unless your ad code is responsive.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Topman

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 24, 2015, 09:21:25 AM
That will happen unless your ad code is responsive.

So are you suggesting using a Responsive version of adsense ad for this?
That would mean the tower was narrower!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Topman

Just put a "responsive" on my Forum as "Tower on the right" and nothing is being displayed at all!
But this ad code does work on other sites/sizes/locations.

vbgamer45

Not sure what would cause that. The tower right is not different than any other ad block area.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Topman

It gets displayed as a horizontal banner though.
If I then use it with my old tower code the complete tower gets pushed off page.
If I don't use the responsive ad at all the tower is at least displayed on a desktop as it should.
If I set the responsive ad to the top of page it is from the left of the screen to the right handside of the forum page.
ie not central!

The instructions state:
Quote""Skyscraper" ads, you must get the appropriate code to fill in the "content" field under this tab. Horizontal ads will NOT work for vertical (Skyscraper) ads."

Which explains why this wont work for skyscraper tower ads!  vbgamer45

The Ad management mod needs work to bring it up to date in my opinion! :(

Topman

I cant even uninstall this!
It gives a warning.
Quote"At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you are trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you do not have installed yet or a package designed for another version of SMF."

./Sources/Admin.php
./Sources/ManagePermissions.php
By both it says "Test failed"

It really doesnt seem to be up to 2.0.10 standards. The skyscaper ad is displayed correctly in some posts and beyond the forum page in others, even on the desktop.  Only alternative is to delete it I think and add another horizontal ad.

One more strange thing, when I reinstalled the Mod after upgrading to 2.0.10, I didnt need to redo all the ad codes, they were already there. I just added the Mod and it was all as in 1.1.21

vbgamer45

You can upload the mod to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and get the manual uninstall instructions to remove all the edits.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Topman

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 07, 2015, 10:05:36 AM
You can upload the mod to http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and get the manual uninstall instructions to remove all the edits.

Would I have to do them all or just the two files ./Sources/Admin.php and ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php

It is worth knowing the uninstall manual instructions though.

vbgamer45

Just the files that it failed if you did the full uninstall already.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Topman

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 08, 2015, 10:11:57 AM
Just the files that it failed if you did the full uninstall already.

Not uninstalled anything as I was worried it would damage or destroy my forum and/or database.

samborabora

Is there a way of disabling the ads on certain themes? It's showing on my mobile theme, and I'd like it to only show on my main theme.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

well...  to be clear -- there *IS* a way... but not by default.
you would have to code the conditionals directly into your template files, yourself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

samborabora

Quote from: Kindred on July 09, 2015, 09:58:34 AM
well...  to be clear -- there *IS* a way... but not by default.
you would have to code the conditionals directly into your template files, yourself.

I thought the ads were loaded via hooks? It's kinda hard to even see where the ads are going to go, since there's no modification of template files. What's the basic conditional used to discern between themes? (My mobile theme is number 5, btw)

Advertisement: