News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvester

I was just told by a member that his ad blocker blocks all the banners on my tower ad space. Is there any way around this?

vbgamer45

No there is no effective way to stop adblockers
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Harvester

I dont know if this will help someone in the future but...

i figured out why my ads were being blocked by AdBlock Plus...

I had 90% of my banners in a folder on my server called "ad_images" The other 10% were in a couple other folders.
When I looked at all that AdBlocker could block (Control Shift U on AdBlocker to "open blockable items") I saw that the files that were blocked were all in the ad_images folder. I moved those to a different folder, changed my code and voila.. all resolved. All ads now show. :)

mysimplesite

Ad Management error on install. No other mods, brand new SMF board, latest Ad Management extension for latest SMF version.

Removed Package. Downloaded another, unzipped and uploaded, got same error.

Error in Package Installation:
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

vbgamer45

Click on that entry ti should tell you the details of what line of code it can't edit.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mysimplesite

Added code according to details. Uploaded program again with corrected file. Got same error message. Checked details and saw proper code was in place. Installed anyway.

Program seems to work fine even though final install showed error again (add code below such and such) despite code being where it should be when edit window opened in Ad Management program.

Tried some test ad code and everything worked fine. Very happy with program. Just seemed weird program would report some code needed to be added during install when code was already there. I probably did something weird. But it works.

mysimplesite

Does Ad Management function properly with 2.1 beta 3?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

andsim

i got this
8.Execute Modification./Themes/default/index.template.phpTest failed[/size][/font]
[/size][size=0.85em][/font][/size][/size][/font][/size][size=0.85em]1.[/size][size=0.85em]Add After[/size][size=0.85em]./Themes/default/index.template.php[/size][size=0.85em][/color]Test failed[/size][/color]

for this mod

vbgamer45

You will need to make that change manually proceed with the install.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

swo0p

Hello,

i need help with SMF 2.0.14 and Ad Management v2.3.

I've just install this mod and add Google ad sense code. Unfortunately, the ad is not showing

Any ideas to solve it?

vbgamer45

Adsense takes time to show up on new sites. Also if they don't like the content of the page it won't show up.
Make sure you have permissions to view ads.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

swo0p

@vbgamer45 thanks, but I've just put new adsense code into this mod and old one works well from template.index

vbgamer45

Check permissions to view ads.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

swo0p

vbgamer45

Admin -> Permissions then modify each group
Make sure they can view ads permissions

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

swo0p

on every gropup Enable ads is checked

vbgamer45

Link to your site with page that has ads on them

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

can't see site maintenance mode

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: