Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Proceed with install then make the changes manually to your index.template.php file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

lather

lather

What does "Add After" mean. I am not a php coder.

d3vcho

Basically, you need to place the piece of code right after the code that appears in the box.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

lather

dsanchez

Any idea how to get rid of this?

8: Undefined index: meta_data_google_title_blank

it appears in my error log.

vbgamer45

That is not from this mod
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Maxtor

vbgamer45

You will have to install it manually on that theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Rickard

If i dont use core theme, do i need to add code to those templates, i get quite a few errors in core theme, and cant fins the code serarched after at all...
Will the forum stop working if core theme not updated with this code is my real question.
I have also mowed to new sever with PHP7

I use CS manual theme, and get 2 errors there also.
Cant find the code to serach for, how do i know where to manually add the code?
Admin for 3 forums:
www.varmepumpsforum.com
www.poolforum.se
www.atvforum.se
SMF 2.0.15
Default Theme: CS Manual by crip
Simple Portal 2.3.7
Got my own hosted and managed server on www.space2u.com

vbgamer45

Basiclly what I do I look at where the edits occur on the default theme then find a similar spot in the custom theme to add the same code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Rickard

OK, thank you, i Think i will try to get help for this.
Admin for 3 forums:
www.varmepumpsforum.com
www.poolforum.se
www.atvforum.se
SMF 2.0.15
Default Theme: CS Manual by crip
Simple Portal 2.3.7
Got my own hosted and managed server on www.space2u.com

forumdraco

Hi,

We have a small forum but we want to display some ads from our sponsors. It will maybe like 10 ads or something like that. Is there an howto somewhere how to accomplish this with the Ad management mod, can't seem to find one. A simply rotation of the ads would be good enough.

Thank you!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: forumdraco on February 03, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Hi,

We have a small forum but we want to display some ads from our sponsors. It will maybe like 10 ads or something like that. Is there an howto somewhere how to accomplish this with the Ad management mod, can't seem to find one. A simply rotation of the ads would be good enough.

Thank you!

Sure is a way to do it, but you must be familiar with how to create a simple banner and link it to the url of your sponsor's website or order page... and how to do all this in HTML
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

forumdraco

Quote from: Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting on February 03, 2018, 08:31:56 PM
Quote from: forumdraco on February 03, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Hi,

Thank you!

Sure is a way to do it, but you must be familiar with how to create a simple banner and link it to the url of your sponsor's website or order page... and how to do all this in HTML

Is there a tutorial somewhere or an example?

Creating the html would't be so hard I think, but I'm not sure how the mod does the rotation? Probably a backend needs to feed the mod data?

vbgamer45

Rotation is done by just adding multiple ads to the same spot.

With html you could make a table if you want to have stackable ads or ads that are side by side.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

forumdraco

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 04, 2018, 07:08:43 AM
Rotation is done by just adding multiple ads to the same spot.

With html you could make a table if you want to have stackable ads or ads that are side by side.

But how do I create such a 'spot', that's where I'm missing some documentation... :-/

Eg: I have different jpg's that I want to show in some kind of rotation. Or even random. Where do I put those jpg's?

Edit: nvm, think I figured it out. I just put them in a folder on the server and make a html reference to the jpg... ;-)

vbgamer45

Glad you have it figured out.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kiriakos GR

Does Pro version has an easy to work control panel which the user will upload JPG banner at his own server and add web links, with out him to need to own Master degree at coding ?

I am sorry but major complain of entire number of people trying to administrate SMF forum this is about great  number of tweaks for its mod, that the user cannot remember of how to undo them or change them after few weeks or months.

vbgamer45

Yes it does have an option to uploads banners from admin area and also users have the option if you allow them to buy their own ads.
More details at https://www.smfhacks.com/ad-seller-pro.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: